Amazon Prime Day is October 13th and 14th

Reid Rosefelt

On 10/9/2020 at 3:28 PM, InstrEd said:

Back to Amazon now :)    my wife just ordered some lids for pyrex containers we need and  yes for that type of stuff Amazon is very convenient. The kitchen store in the mall closed and we would have to drive out to the outlet mall to buy in person.  

I think that now in the age of Amazon, many local stores only stock fast moving products. I am in favor of supporting local business, but if you are looking for some obscure replacement product, sometimes Amazon (or eBay) is your only resort!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 2:17 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

B&H is good for computer components too, at least in my experience.  I might just be used to that "New York City" experience since I used to live very close and enjoyed buying things on 48th Street.  The haggle is part of the fun there.

Yes, B&H carries everything from pro audio, to computer components, to pro camera and video. I used to receive their paper catalogs, and they were some serious competition to the old Sears catalogs! When some friends of mine made a trip to NYC, they made a point to drop in to B&H. A full city block of electronic wonders I was told!

I visited B&H once, I expected to see everything in their catalog displayed.  I think I was looking for an Akai sampler at the time.  I walked in and they had no musical equipment on display except for a few used things in a display case. Worst trip ever and taxi fare was expensive hehe

I heard later they added a few more thing on display but it was nothing like a guitar center or Sam ash which is what I expected.

3 hours ago, abacab said:

I have bought some camera gear at B&H over the years. Their customer service and fast shipping is top notch. I had once placed an order before a major power blackout shut down Manhattan, and somehow they got my order out!

B&H every now & then will have some audio software or thing-a-ma-jig at an absolutely killer price.  Worth keeping an eye on their sales even if most of it ain't audio.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

BTW .. In general what does Prime Membership have for Kindle users?

You do have Kindle Unlimited. Prime seems to have:

https://www.amazon.com/amazonprime

Prime members read FREE - Prime members can now read as much as they want from over a thousand books, magazines, comics, Kindle Singles, and more

Technically could you go for Prime membership and not bother with Kindle unlimited. As in is there enough free reading in the prime membership?

I like Prime. I usually buy enough that the free shipping is worth it.   I also do a bunch of subscribe and save stuff from them.  Mostly pet stuff.  And Nespresso pods because no one sells them in my area.  Buying food from Amazon is hit and miss, so I've mostly given up.  And frankly, since the only place to get a lot of things around here is Walmart, I have no problem going to Amazon.  23 check out lines and only 3 are ever open, 2 of which are 15 items or less.   Of course, after all this current mess is done, who knows what will still be open. 

I did a quick look at Prime day sales items.  I would like another 6TB 7200 rpm drive, but I didn't see any with good prices.  Prices are still high for me on the 2 and 4 TB SSD's, so I'll probably wait. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, msmcleod said:

FYI Amazon UK are doing 2TB Crucial MX500's for £159.66 for the next 10 hours...

at B&H
$22 dollars cheaper than UK price
$38 cheaper than US price

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1378551-REG/crucial_ct2000mx500ssd1_mx500_2tb_2_5_ssd.html
$183.99
Offer ends Oct 14 at 11:59 PM EDT

Edited by TheSteven