Throw Back Tuesday: Not A Deal

Grem

Going through some stuff. Found my receipt for my purchase of Sonar 5, which was an upgrade from Pro Audio 9. But I also got a free upgrade to Sonar 6 when it came out shortly after.

Receipt info:

Tue 5/2/2006 

SONAR 5 Producer Edition    1   349    

SONAR 5 Producer Upgrade for Home Studio, Project5, Pro Audio, Guitar Tracks Pro, Kinetic, and Music Creator Customers

Subtotal      349

Shipping      8.95

Tax           0

Total         357.95

Edited by Grem
  • Like 5

Wow! That was a LOT of $$ 14 years ago too!   Things sure do change.

I was going through stuff last night and figured out I've only been at this "DAW stuff" for about 5 years now.   I was only ever on SonarLE for a few months before I made the switch to Studio One.  (I'm an admitted S1 fanboy too.)  But if I were starting today, no doubt I'd be on CakeWalk. It's insane that this DAW is FREE! That's the deal of the century right there.  ;)

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2

I remember when ProTools LE was free.  If you didn't count the big dongle you had to buy for about $399 - aka the MBox.  But really, I still sometimes use the old MBox 2 Micro that came with PT8 LE.  Really like that thing when I am traveling and don't want to carry a big audio device. 

Frankly, I thought Cakewalk was kind of pricey at first.  It didn't come with much.