Seven Second Delay`

Barry Seymour

This is a demo - I hope to have an actual drummer play on this one in a later mix. That said, the song is rather schizophrenic...

Let me know what you think, thanks.

EDIT: Replaced with the final mix. Thanks everyone for the input!

Edited by Barry Seymour
  • Like 2

Hi Barry . . . this is loads of fun, especially the lyrics. Don't know about the "Creedence" end guitar, I was hearing ZZ Top because of it's fuzziness :)

As you've mentioned it, I think both guitar solos could be cleaner and louder, some fast pickin'

On Soundcloud, you've categorized it as Rock, but I think for me it's more R&B. In any case I really enjoyed it as a Demo, so look forward to a finished effort !

PS . . . real (good) drummers can always kick it up a notch, if you have that option . . . but they do drink more of your beer

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 5:25 PM, Barry Seymour said:

schizophrenic

Lots of that going around!

More good songwriting. 

I would much prefer live bass and drums; trouble is sobriety, punctually; you get the picture (I bet you think I’m talking bout the drummer and bassist!).

I like the “quotes “ Barry. 

👍

t

• Like 1

Pretty fine groove with a bass sound I'd love to cop. Awesome chorus and a great mix.. I like the solo and the tones, except that its too short. Besides drinking all your beer, a real drummer will also steal your girlfriend. 

Edited by Kevin Walsh
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Lots of that going around!

More good songwriting. 

I would much prefer live bass and drums; trouble is sobriety, punctually; you get the picture (I bet you think I’m talking bout the drummer and bassist!).

I like the “quotes “ Barry. 

👍

t

The bass *is* live; that's me.

My drummer is in Northern California and is getting over a bout of moving gravel. 😄 I hope to have something from him very soon.

What 'quotes' are you referring to?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Pretty fine groove with a bass sound I'd love to cop. Awesome chorus and a great mix.. I like the solo and the tones, except that its too short. Besides drinking all your beer, a real drummer will also steal your girlfriend. 

Thanks for the kind words on the bass. I have no beer to steal. As for stealing my girlfriend, don't tell my wife. LOL

Edited by Barry Seymour
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, noynekker said:

Hi Barry . . . this is loads of fun, especially the lyrics. Don't know about the "Creedence" end guitar, I was hearing ZZ Top because of it's fuzziness :)

As you've mentioned it, I think both guitar solos could be cleaner and louder, some fast pickin'

On Soundcloud, you've categorized it as Rock, but I think for me it's more R&B. In any case I really enjoyed it as a Demo, so look forward to a finished effort !

PS . . . real (good) drummers can always kick it up a notch, if you have that option . . . but they do drink more of your beer

Funny  you should mention that, I did start out with the intent to emulate Billy Gibbons. The track was already so busy, something simple was called for. But in the end I found myself sliding into and then outright stealing the lick from "Green River." I added in delay to that part because, well, the title.

Thanks for the kind words.

49 minutes ago, Barry Seymour said:

What 'quotes' are you referring to?

In this tune the CCR, Green River IIRC, you often add a little somethin...

t

One my favorites is BB quoting Heart Break Hotel, pretty sure its the Live In Japan album, I can't recall the tune.

there are 3 sure signs of old age,
the first is forgetfulness
ah, uh, um,
I can't quite recall the other two............ 🙃

I'm actually getting some weirdness here. My drummer provided four tracks, one from each of his four mics. He sent me an mp3 of him playing along and it sounded fine, but when I drop the four separated tracks into the project they're all over the place - the tempo is not consistent and there is no groove, no pocket.

I tried freezing all audio tracks, no improvement.

Any ideas what might be happening?

On 10/8/2020 at 7:43 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Wave or mp3 on the 4 tracks? Recorded in CbB? When exporting an mp3 it shifts a bit and if brought back into CbB you have to line it up. 

t

WAV, but he recorded it in Audacity. He sent me an mp3 of all of it and it sounded fine, but when he gave me four tracks of miked drums, it all fell apart. I tried freezing all my tracks to ease the load on my laptop's CPU, but no luck. I'm mystified.

I continue to have syncing problems with the live drummer tracks. :-'( 

I'm sticking with the digital drums for now; I've added extra percussion to give it some variety.

I think this is ready for release. Let me know what y'all think..

EDIT: Final Mix.

Edited by Barry Seymour