Have you ever ahd an Aux track go silent?

Max Arwood

I have not use aux tracks much.  I have a habit of not using new features till they have been out for a good while.  I started using aux track a little lately.  I have a project that the aux tracks keeps going dead. No sound at all.  All the ins and outs are set up correctly.   The aux tracks were just fine until I saved and reopened the file.  When it was reopened is when I noticed that the tracks sounds were missing. Not just 1 aux but several aux tracks not working.

Any Ideas about what could have caused this?? Has anyone else ever had this happen to you?

Thanks

I have! A couple of times now, I'd send three Tom tracks to an Aux, which worked great for a session or two. Then I'd open it up later and no toms. No matter what I tried, of course with all the settings and ins/outs correct they just would not sound. Sends toms directly to mains: sound, make a NEW Aux track and send the toms there: sound.

R

It works like any audio track and has always been this way.

Typically tracks using a patch point as their input, such as an aux track, never record; they simply stream the data they receive.

To hear this signal requires enabling input echo.

This is why an aux track has input echo enabled by default.

• Like 1

Yes, I've seen this before. Very rarely, random enough I don't bother and just create new aux, reassign, etc.

Seem to recall it happening on some occasional track templates  (multiple bax>aux track w/ misc processing). Aux track is dead for no reason.

( Yes I know about the echo being on for aux tracks to work)

Sorry to not get back with you any sooner.  My wife has been sick - dealing with that.  I can not find the track.  I think it has something to do with having one track soloed while freezing another track pointed to an aux. Or freezing at a time where cakewalk is in an unstable conditon (midi tools lose function)  I have been trying to duplicate - but unable to (Except the midi tools This song has to be  reopened every once in a while when editing midi.  After a period of time working on the song,  the midi editing tools are unable to select notes.   It s a large project - I think that is part of the problem too.  The track could have been frozen when cakewalk was in this unstable state - when the midi tools quit functioning.  I could send it to you to see if you can figure anything out with it.

(ADDED - This is the same project that the AUX was silent)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-NP5wSVf8LhsmxgmuV--voafkSUXPSPo/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Max Arwood

Edited by Max Arwood
(ADDED - This is the same project that the AUX was silent)