Bandlab project Kontakt upgrade problems

Sven

I used  Kontakt 5.6 for a  long time  but recently bit the bullet and installed version 6.3.   I had no compelling reason to upgrade before and  was worried about what problems might arise.   

The Bandlab projects that used the older version open fine but the Kontakt Soft Synth is no longer functional.  I can then reinstall a Kontakt Soft Synth with version 6.3, and that works fine.   Then I can copy/paste the old MIDI parts over to the new version, set the Soft Synth to the correct Kontakt plugin I was using, relabel everything and I'm up and running again.  The problem is if I have a song with 10 Kontakt Soft Synths this can take a long time.  

I there an easier way to do this?  Can you tell Bandlab to change all instances of Kontakt 5.6 to now use version 6.3 with the old plugin settings retained?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi msmcleod,

Sorry for the extremely late reply.  Your suggestion was great and it does indeed work.   I'm still trying to sort out which of the older songs which only used version 5.6 can now load properly in this new configuration.   This should save a lot of time anyways and I very much appreciate your very helpful reply.   

Thanks again!

• Like 1