VST control from MIDI track

Vitly Voyt

When 32bit plug-ins are hosted in BitBridge the standard header is in a second window.

To see the standard header hold down the ALT key when adding the plug-in or opening its UI.

The standard header window usually opens behind the plug-in UI.

It is best to avoid 32bit plug-in whenever possible. There are a couple of free 64bit pitch plug-ins such as MAutoPitch part of the MFreeFXBundle

• Great Idea 1

• 5 months later...
27 minutes ago, scook said:

This should be a separate thread but the short answer is yes, using Remote Control or ACT

Whoa... thanks @scook!  know I am sooo late to the ACT game, but I'm impressed that it works... and with no additional software.  My NI S49 keyboard can control any VST plugin using ACT! 😀

Is it reasonable to think of ACT as a "MIDI input layer" for VST plugins that lack the MIDI input feature?

Erasing an ACT cell MIDI assignment was not as intuitive or quick as it could be, one has to CTRL-click the cell and set two values to "00". Oh well, small things. :)

44 minutes ago, razor7music said:

Gets em every time! 

Yeah, it usually does, but "Enable MIDI input" was greyed out for this plugin.

If you check Plug-in Properties / Details, you'll see a Yes or No for MIDI input and output... so I suppose MIDI input/output need to be specifically implemented in VST plugins.