Don't know if this is a bug with freeze tracks.

Will.

Question

Good Day.

Trying to manipulate a freeze has limitation

1: After freezing a track and doing few cuts here and there and reverse a note or two,  it does not want to bounce the track as one complete clip - nor can it be converted back and forth between mono and stereo or route another tracks (Audio track) input to it. 

2: When freezing a file it leaves - close to about 4 Ticks of space/gap at the beginning of the file. 

Is it suppose to work that way? Not sure if I should do a request on this. Thought I should place a Q&A first. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

7 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

I usually unfreeze Before editing , bounce to clips , freeze again . I will sometimes add a fade to a frozen track but that's all.       ms

Yeah - it's hassle sometimes. I basically work it the same way. I sometimes have a region in a midi freeze track that I've chopped up and reversed, but unable to bounce it to one whole clip again. When moving them around one piece sometimes don't get selected and stay behind - this you don't notice unless you zoom in. It's not much of a problem when you get use to it, just painstakingly at times. I would've been awesome if we could bounce it as one clip - like with audio tracks.

e.g: There's sometimes one or two notes/chords in the freeze track I make either Mono or Stereo for creative purposes, but can't bounce the chopped clip as one. 

Before extensively editing a frozen track, I copy frozen clip to another track. Not only is the copy easier to work with there is no way to accidentally thaw the track loosing the edits. Alternately, if I know in advance, rather than freeze, I prefer to bounce to another track and archive the source track(s). Often times I move the archived tracks into a dedicated archive folder to "hide" them from the rest of the project.

3 hours ago, scook said:

Before extensively editing a frozen track, I copy frozen clip to another track. Not only is the copy easier to work with there is no way to accidentally thaw the track loosing the edits. Alternately, if I know in advance, rather than freeze, I prefer to bounce to another track and archive the source track(s). Often times I move the archived tracks into a dedicated archive folder to "hide" them from the rest of the project.

Thanks @scook. I'll play around with this. It sounds useable.

Is there any chance this will be added to the main file source in the near future? 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

1 hour ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Is there any chance this will be added to the main file source in the near future? 

IDK what "this" is.

The freeze feature works the same as it has since it was introduced in 2004.

I have no idea about the future.

2 hours ago, scook said:

IDK what "this" is.

The freeze feature works the same as it has since it was introduced in 2004.

I have no idea about the future.

No need for sarcasm . . . What I'm referring to, is in the Question and explanation above - it's clear as daylight.