output arcade

andy clare

• 2 months later...

hi there andy.  did anyone ever answer your inquiry about using output arcade in cakewalk.  i have tried myself but been unsuccessful.  i sure would like to be able to use it.   when i create a new midi track then load in arcade from the vst list, i then hit the record on the track but then when i go to hit record up above by the transport it opens up a dialogue asking about whether i want sound on sound, etc.  then nothing happens.  i am not able to record.  it just sits there doing nothing.  please let me know what you know regarding this subject...thanks a lot.....archie newton

I don't use this vst but had nothing else to do so...

Are your subscription active? If not it's not usable.

And this from support doesn't work?

/// ARCADE Is Not Recording What I'm Playing in my DAW

This could have to do with what you are using to input the notes you are playing in ARCADE.When using the mouse, the data isn't sent to your DAW as MIDI Note data and therefore won't be recorded into the timeline, so this may be the reason you don't see it.If you'd like to use your keyboard please make sure it's a MIDI keyboard with a USB cable that you can connect to your laptop. Then, it will automatically sync with ARCADE. So each Kit in ARCADE contains two octaves or 24 keys. These are spread out from the C2 to C4 range on your MIDI keyboard. To play and record a Loop, press one or more keys in the C2 to C4 range. Please make sure to play and record inside this range.If you don't have a MIDI keyboard, don't worry. You can still use your computer keyboard! ///