Need your help again. Output low compared to YouTube. Been covered?

Hasn't always been like this. I switched sometime back from my MOTU (AVB type) to a Babyface as the latency though very good on the MOTU was only surpassed by the RME. I barely feel it at 2.9 and can even go to 2.2 when tracking basic music tracks (with VST ). I seem to have intermittent times where I just can't get the volume up high enough, and have even considered running  my BM6a (with sub) and JBL's at (can't find the plus sign - I live in Japan.)+4 instead of - 10.  I also seem to get more hiss. My unit is very old. Has it gone bad? The outputs on Sonar are peaking but the speakers and Big Knob and mixer are up very loud. If I play my mixes back through Sound Forge they are much more powerful. I realize there are two trains of though here, so if you could answer either program or point me to a link I would greatly appreciate it. 
  On a side note, my pup has flown away, and I have my first live gig in Tokyo since March (Covid).

edit : I still have both interfaces, but doesn't seem to be the interfaces fault. She sings when streaming media, but for some reason I am having a problem in Cakewalk. Omnisphere is going over the top  VU wise but not rocking me. Tell me the magic button.  (no puns please - this isn't the Coffee House.)

Edited by Michael Fogarty

14 minutes ago, Michael Fogarty said:

If I play my mixes back through Sound Forge they are much more powerful

My first guess would be a routing problem in Cakewalk. Tracks to master bus, sends to bus's,  bus's to master bus and master bus to main outs 1/2.

That is what comes to mind when you have a discrepancy between 2 DAW's