iZotope MPS 4

ZincT

https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope?dir=desc&order=special_from_date 

I'm looking at the upgrade from MPS3 which is $167.17 (approx £130) in cart with code GROUP.
Waiting to see what the prices are at other vendors.

More details on what's included here --> https://www.izotope.com/en/products/music-production-suite.html 

The extras over MPS3 are RX8 Standard (vs RX7 Standard), Stutter Edit 2 and Neoverb. 
Nectar 3 is now called Nectar 3 Plus but I can't see what's different to Nectar 3 (anyone?).

Not that great an update but the inclusion of 1 year's Groove 3 subscription clinches it for me (same as MPS3 upgrade last year although that was a free grace period upgrade for me).

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, simon said:

doesn't seem quite enough in it for me ?  I've got rx8 and SE2 so really it's just nectar > plus and the new reverb.

I deliberately held off buying SE2 and RX8 although was tempted a couple of times, you know how it is 😏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

The extras over MPS3 are RX8 Standard (vs RX7 Standard), Stutter Edit 2 and Neoverb. 
Nectar 3 is now called Nectar 3 Plus but I can't see what's different to Nectar 3 (anyone?).

Excellent news :)  Thank you. Means I do not need to worry about this as not really big changes :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I already picked up SE2 so this isn't that big a upgrade for me.  I really wish they would do something about offering custom upgrade options.

I emailed them to ask - they've done deals in the past...but yeah nothing like $199 worth of upgrade for me

(same with Komplete :) )

• Like 2

FWIW, I'm at MPBundle2 + O8N2, which I think might equate to "MPS 1". (Damn their confusing and poorly documented bundles!)

Basically what I've got is O8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced, Nectar 2, RX 6 Standard, VocalSynth 1, TBC 1, Trash 2, and so on.

could upgrade to MPS4 for $299, which would get me incremented versions of everything (O9, Neutron 3, Nectar 3, RX8 Std, VocalSynth 2) as well aa NIMBUS (already own R4) and this new reverb thing. It's not outrageous as upgrade prices go, but I'm not certain that newer versions of stuff that I already have is worth $300 to me.

Perhaps I should watch some hype videos selling me on the new versions. Then again, perhaps I should avoid those same videos!

I would be careful about this upgrade. The reason I’m on all top end stuff and bits of mps3 is covered. They stagger releases and catch you out. I predict ozone 10 (X?) to be imminent too. Then you get double wammied. I feel a little put out on their business model around that. 

It probably doesn’t help my spending on the Octo UAD satellite lol....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tony Carpenter said:

I would be careful about this upgrade. The reason I’m on all top end stuff and bits of mps3 is covered. They stagger releases and catch you out. I predict ozone 10 (X?) to be imminent too. Then you get double wammied. I feel a little put out on their business model around that. 

It probably doesn’t help my spending on the Octo UAD satellite lol....

5 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Yeah, I’m a little tired getting milked on these Izotpe upgrades. Assuming they’ll have a better deal available anyway by the end of the year.

Very good points and why I think I am also going to wait and see what's on offer around Black Friday or Christmas.

7 hours ago, John Bradley said:

but I'm not certain that newer versions of stuff that I already have

Nectar 2 to Nectar 3 is a HUGE upgrade. I never used 2, but 3 is on virtually every mix.  I don't know about the others, because the only other one I've got is N2 Advanced which I generally don't use because of CPU hit. But the hit on Nectar 3 is worth it.

14 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

They seem to want $49 to upgrade from Nectar 3 to Nectar 3 Plus but I can't see any page that explains what is different about them.

I already picked up SE2 so this isn't that big a upgrade for me.  I really wish they would do something about offering custom upgrade options.

Is this of any help, it goes from previous no Plus version through to latest

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/downloads/nectar/nectar-release-notes.html

• Thanks 1

$169.15 in cart at JRR, was hoping for $149 then discount, but that's close enough, gets me RX8 up from 7, the new reverb, Nectar 3 Plus (who doesn't want a 'Plus') from Nectar 3, another year of Groove 3, any additions and updates made to existing plugs, not to bad, that will do me anyway.

If they release something like Ozone 10 in the near future I guess they will also release a MPS 4.1 at a discount to MPS 4 owners like they did with MPS 2 - MPS2.1, that would be ok with me, even if they didn't, just getting Ozone 10 Advanced individually at a discounted upgrade price from Ozone 9 Advanced would be fine with me.

I'm in!!!