Izotope releases Neoverb - introduction deal

Sander Verstraten

...but it sure does look nice!  And I'll bet it sounds pretty phenomenal too.   B|

PS. I did pick up the Melda reverb for $15, which will count approximately $28 towards a bundle upgrade someday, so it was an "investment".  ;)

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

$16 for the Melda mReverbMB is an excelent deal. this was the first mb reverb I used, and really learned a lot from it. I know Melda has always been dogged by the GUI, but if I had to design the UI for such powerful plugins that have common elements with other plugins the company makes...... lets just say ya'll lucky!!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I haven't used this one, but [all] my [previously favorite] verbs basically went in the trash can after picking up the Exponential Audio ones

Fixed.

I'm giving serious thought to the $16 MReverbMB deal just to be able to mess with the 3-D spaces, but the fact that I have a couple of Phoenix licenses is slowing me down.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Fixed.

I'm giving serious thought to the $16 MReverbMB deal just to be able to mess with the 3-D spaces, but the fact that I have a couple of Phoenix licenses is slowing me down.

Agreed.  Though I'm not 100% content with just Phoenix...there are times when I also want some character....and that is what R4 is for.  (hoping they run another cross grade offer so I can get a 2nd seat at a time when I have some funds to spare).

• Like 1

What attracts me, I had training as a musician but zero training in recording production and engineering. I don't know much about any of that (I learned about mics and mic placement from sound and recording pros that worked for bands I was in or recording studio engineers and any other knowledge comes from books and YouTube), consequently, what attracts me about Izotope's products is that they're largely aimed at musicians who aren't trained recording engineers. I've bought a bunch of VST effects but honestly, I don't know what the heck I'm doing. I have yet to buy my next DAW PC or Neoverb but it seems like, on paper, it's a great fit for me. Is anyone else here in a similar boat? 

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that, because that's the number one thing that got my attention. I recently bought R4 for $29, because it seemed like a great deal. But I wonder if Neoverb is more of a wise choice for me. I'd love to get some insights from anyone who owns and is using Neoverb. 

• Like 2

@Peter DeLegge I don't own Neoverb yet. But I will when I upgrade my Music Production Suite. I found that with the Izotope plugins that are designed to work together hand in hand, I can get much better results because, I am a musician/songwriter, not an engineer. That's the beginning and end of it. I would rather create music.  So I think that Neoverb is going to work well for me.

But there are many others here that don't play instruments and are totally on the engineering side. Very diverse bunch around here.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Well said. Preset pusher here. 

Yeah, I find presets very helpful-sometimes as just a starting point, but other times reflecting the exact, or almost exact, sound I want.  I wish more plugin reviews addressed the quality of the presets.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Peter DeLegge said:

I have yet to buy my next DAW PC or Neoverb but it seems like, on paper, it's a great fit for me. Is anyone else here in a similar boat? 

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that, because that's the number one thing that got my attention. I recently bought R4 for $29, because it seemed like a great deal. But I wonder if Neoverb is more of a wise choice for me. I'd love to get some insights from anyone who owns and is using Neoverb. 

iZotope is one of my favorite plug-in houses because their products combine new-user friendliness and once you're not a n00b anymore, world-beater processors.

When I was starting out with this DAW stuff half a dozen years ago, Ozone Elements with its presets and Mastering Assistant was educational. As in this is how good I can make my stuff sound, and what a difference mastering makes.

Once I got to the point where I felt my own efforts at mastering were better than the Ozone wizard, I knew I was getting somewhere!

My .02 as far as Neoverb vs. R4, I got iZotope/Exponential Phoenix Stereo when it went on sale for $9.99 and the default preset, Neutral Hall, sounds so good that I rarely even switch presets. So I'm not even a preset jockey with it, I'm more like a single preset jockey. So what I'm saying is that Exponential's presets are so good that I find it hard to imagine that you wouldn't find a perfect fit somewhere in R4.

Neoverb interests me just because I'm curious to see what iZotope have done with the Exponential algorithms, but even an iZotope/Exponential fan such as me doesn't feel the need to acquire it.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, artturner said:

Dang it! I didn't know MReverbMB was a time-limited deal. It's showing $54 for me now.

I snagged it at 11:57 last night. I'm away from the studio for a week, so doing everything on headphones, but so far I like the positioning ability with the head graphic.

That's really what I'm after, spatial positioning capabilities, but if it turns out to be a threat to Phoenix (in my mind, unlikely in any product that doesn't have "Bricasti" in its name) as an all-around reverb, so much the better.

2 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

there surely has to be a limit to EQs, reverbs, beyond the marketing??

As Izotope tried to bring reverb to the market, they noted the list of people that really understand and can create reverb at the higest technical levels via algorhythms are few and far between (thus landing with Exponential Audio - i.e. Lexicon).  

There is room for improvement and capabilites in the reverb realm, play around with the Exponential stuff and there is a very clear difference between that and reverb plugins of 15 years ago, including those of Lexicon.    

We do have more nice options at the market than ever before, but the cream of the crop are still few and far between in my opinion.  We see a trend towards "effect" as I think that is a bit easier to pull off.  The ones that really blend with the source and sound like natural verb is fairly rare.  and thus why there was a push towards convolution in recent years...which has its own limitations.  

Then add to that "AI" to help music creators get something that fits the source/mix and that is a very new advancement and I think there is a lot that could be done in the area as tech continues to advance.