Izotope releases Neoverb - introduction deal

Sander Verstraten

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/neoverb/features.html

iZotope has introduced a new smart reverb for music making. Neoverb is an intelligent reverb that uses a real-time Reverb Assistant to help you get a great reverb for any track.

From the minds behind Ozone and Nectar, and powered by legendary Exponential Audio technology, iZotope Neoverb is the most intelligent reverb plug-in for music producers.

Neoverb gets you to an exciting starting point with a new Reverb Assistant that guides you through settings with a simple four-click process. Create exactly the space you want for vocal and instrument tracks using an intuitive Blend Pad to mix rooms, plates, chambers, and more. Shape and tame reverb using intelligent Pre and Post EQs that listen to your audio and make suggestions, helping you add depth while retaining clarity in your mix.

Whether you’re a new producer honing your craft, or a veteran on your latest project, with iZotope Neoverb, you can focus on creativity and leave the trial-and-error behind.

Neoverb features

Reverb Assistant: Get a great reverb for any track, with an easy four-step Assistant that adjusts iZotope Neoverb’s settings in real time. Create complex, customized reverbs, without spending time in menus.

Choose your preferred Size while iZotope Neoverb automatically selects and blends reverb combinations and advanced settings as you move the sliders.

Add a little vibe with four different Tone selections that further adjust your reverb to give you dark, airy, bright sounds.

Reverb Assistant listens to your audio and makes further EQ suggestions to get the cleanest possible reverb tone.

Blend Pad: iZotope Neoverb’s innovative Blend Pad gets you further, faster by helping you visualize and mix three different types of reverbs at once, to create a unique reverb tail that fits your
track.

Blend different types of reverb together: Add realistic space with Early Reflections and Room, classic environments with Plate, and height and depth with Chamber and Hall.

Separate Size controls for each reverb type to let you create epic guitar tones, construct massive drum rooms, or dream up completely exotic spaces to make your mix unique.

EQ Section: Get a great reverb sound without using a long plug-in chain, with a fluid EQ section helps you clean your input signal and keeps your reverb tail from overwhelming your mix.

Use Unmask to have iZotope Neoverb listen to your reverb settings and make EQ suggestions to help your final result come through clear against the original signal.

AutoCut listens for areas of your track that might create unwanted resonances in the reverb and automatically suggests cuts in the Pre-EQ.

Masking Meter: Easily keep track of reverb build-up with an intuitive meter that highlights EQ areas you may want to cut from your reverb. Masking Meter communicates with other iZotope plug-ins to show you where reverb is masking other tracks, and is compatible with the following iZotope plug-ins: Neutron 3, Nectar 3, VocalSynth 2, Relay.

Advanced Panel: For when you need to tweak a setting, or take a closer look at Reverb Assistant’s results, the Advanced Panel lets you dive as deep as you need to find the exact vibe you’re looking for.

Unique Advanced settings for each reverb unlock even more creative possibilities and exciting new spaces to explore.

Advanced Controls are set by Reverb Assistant and can be saved as unique presets for later use.

Input Smoothing: Keep your dynamics even and avoid artifacts in the reverb tail with one simple control that reduces the sharp, percussive transients in your reverb.

Modulation (Mod): Neoverb includes a modulation panel to give you even more control over your reverb tail. Two different modes offer subtle modulation to avoid buildup, or a classic chorus for a more pronounced mixing effect.

Resizable: Built for the demands of the modern music producer, window resizability ensures iZotope Neoverb fits in your workflow—and your screen.

Presets: iZotope Neoverb comes packed with over 100 inspiring presets created by iZotope’s team of professional sound designers. Explore presets for vocals, guitars, experimental spaces, and more.

Neoverb is on sale at iZotope and Plugin Boutique at the introductory pricing of $199 USD until November 10th, 2020 (regular $249 USD).

Owners of ANY paid iZotope product can crossgrade for $99 USD during the promotion.

Neoverb is also included in the new Music Production Suite 4 alongside Ozone 9 Advanced, Tonal Balance Control 2 , Neutron 3 Advanced , VocalSynth 2, Insight 2, Relay, Exponential Audio R4 , Exponential Audio NIMBUS , and a Groove3 One Year All-Access Pass. It is on sale for $599 USD (regular $999 USD), with upgrades starting from $199 USD.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, antler said:

Is this thing iLok? It doesn't look like it is (from what I can see on their website), but all of their other reverbs are so I wonder if I've missed anything.

Wondered the same.

If they do like they have done in the past, what is included in MPS doesn't need iLock.

8 minutes ago, antler said:

Is this thing iLok? It doesn't look like it is (from what I can see on their website), but all of their other reverbs are so I wonder if I've missed anything.

All the existing Reverbs were originally by Exponentional Audio and just rebranded.

This is the first 'real' Izotope Reverb. I guess it authorizes via their Product Portal.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zo said:

When i saw the blend pad i thought for a second that we could shape the space in 3D !!

It makes me think of Melda's "A to D Morphing" in their Toolbar.  You can pull up 4 different settings in the A-D slots for comparison, then use the X-Y Pad to blend them.  If it's a reverb, it acan be anything from rooms to plates, etc.   The GUI is not as sexy as Izotope's, but Melda has had this feature for as long as I can remember.  It's super cool and I use all the time. I have never seen it anywhere else either - until now.  ...Sort of.     

Edited by mibby

$29 or shut up!

Sorry if that sounds jaded, but I already have Waves Abbey Road Plates, Waves H-Reverb, and the Waves IR1 Convolution reverb. And I didn't spend $199 (or even $99) for a single one of them.  Not to mention a few other excellent ones from Eventide, NI, Arturia, and IKM.

So just what I need is another reverb... 😉

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

Melda's stuff doesn't have the curb appeal, but they definitely cover the bases of most things out there. It made me step back and think for a second... when the 50% off bundles hits, MCompleteBundle is roughly 1100USD, which is about 10USD per plugin (just over 100 of them). Actually, roughly 1/3 have free single-band processing versions (MFreeFXBundle), so is more like 15USD per plugin; not too shabby with the free upgrades for life behind them.

iZotope has been consistent with upgrade pricing, and it seems after the acquisition of Exponential Audio, they are putting less in their core products and pushing reverbs as additional content. Paulo may be on the money about them just getting around to putting an iZotope GUI on the front end of them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, abacab said:

$29 or shut up!

Sorry if that sounds jaded, but I already have Waves Abbey Road Plates, Waves H-Reverb, and the Waves IR1 Convolution reverb. And I didn't spend $199 (or even $99) for a single one of them.  Not to mention a few other excellent ones from Eventide, NI, Arturia, and IKM.

So just what I need is another reverb... 😉

I haven't used this one, but my Waves verbs basically went in the trash can after picking up the Exponential Audio ones.   (Abbey Road plates is good, but way to much of a resource hog).

And I do use other Reverbs other than the Exponential Audio ones.  Point being, if this thing was basically built on EA tech, I'd imagine the intro price (who don't own an izotope plug to get the upgrade) is one that might potentially be in line with - if you don't have anything else - it would be a replacement for multiple "$29 plugs"  (and if it is Izotope - will authorize to multiple personally owned computer unlike that crippled WAVES system)

That being said, I'm with you, unless this hits $29, I won't bite either based on what I already have.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1