Humble Bundle Be a Creative Superhero! With Painter, CorelCAD and CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2020

aidan o driscoll

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/be-a-creative-superhero

With this you get:

- Corel CAD 2019
- Corel Painter 2020
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2020
- PaintShop® Pro 2020
- Aftershot 3

+ A crap load of BRUSH PACKS

All this for €25  .... Wow !!!!!

==> The catch re CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2020 is its a 6 month sub  & you supply a CC at the Corel site for after the 6 months which of course you can cancel.

Still though .. outside of the CorelDraw 6 months thing it is still good value as the rest is LIFETIME

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Thanks 6

Yep, at least spend a buck ($1) and unlock Aftershot 3 if you are a digital photographer! It is an Adobe Lightroom clone where you can import and make quick or detailed adjustments to your latest camera roll, aka a digital darkroom. Tutorial videos: https://learn.corel.com/photo-tutorials/raw-photo-editing/aftershot-pro-tutorials/

The next level at $26.56 will get you PaintShop Pro 2020. If you need a photo editor, this is a good alternative for avoiding a subscription to an Adobe Photoshop cloud subscription. Tutorial videos: https://learn.corel.com/photo-tutorials/paintshop-pro-tutorials/paintshop-pro-2019-tutorials/

The top $30 level will get you Corel CAD 2019, Corel Painter 2020, and a subscription to CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2020. I'm not crazy about subscription models so I was surprised to see this. My first reaction was wow, a cheap upgrade for CorelDraw! I have a perpetual license for CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2019 and so I'll stick with that. It's a good substitute for Adobe Illustrator for making vector graphics drawings, and doing page layouts with text and images for output to web, PDF, or print. The suite comes with an integrated bitmap photo editor called Corel PhotoPaint. Tutorial videos: https://www.coreldraw.com/en/learn/tutorials/?topNav=en

I got Corel Painter 2019 with an earlier Humble Bundle, and that might appeal to the creative types who want to try digital painting. It's good tool for "painterizing" your digital photos, or creating a digital painting from scratch. A digital art tablet with stylus like the Wacom models is highly recommended for this activity, although you can use a mouse. The digital brushes in Painter and their effects are amazing! Tutorial videos: https://learn.corel.com/painting-tutorials/painter-tutorials/painter-2020-tutorials/

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 4

I also got Painter and Paintshop Pro in prior bundles, so not such a good deal for me on that score. 

The CorelDraw Graphics Suite is a 6 month subscription--just long enough to get a handle on how to use it before you need to start paying to keep it working. 

The CorelCAD 2019 is a perpetual license however and well worth the $30.00 price. 

2 hours ago, antler said:

Not particularly keen on subscriptions personally - I do wish Corel hadn't eliminated upgrade pricing for CorelDraw Suite.

Same wish here!

I think I got in on the last round of upgrade pricing offered for a perpetual CorelDraw Suite 2019 license. Now your only options are to either buy the latest version outright for full price of $424 (currently discounted from $499), or rent it.

https://www.coreldraw.com/en/product/coreldraw/

Edited by abacab

1 minute ago, Pseudopop said:

I also got Corel Painter 2019 from a previous bundle, but I think ~€25 is a good upgrade price considering what Corel normally asks for.

Yes, I bit on that level after I saw the new enhancements to Painter 2020. It would have cost me $229 to upgrade to from 2019 to 2021 at Corel.

So Painter 2020 for $30 will work just fine for me! Thanks Humble!

16 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Yep I didn't get the Corel Draw 2019 :(

Looking at going to the Affinity  Photo, Designer software instead.  Corel  loss  after having me for a customer for over 20 years!

I've had some version of it on my PC since CorelDraw 3. Probably even before I got started with Cakewalk Professional 6.

Windows 95, and Pentium 1, those were the days, LOL!!!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, abacab said:

I think I got in on the last round of upgrade pricing offered for a perpetual CorelDraw Suite 2019 license.

CorelDRAW 4 was my first vector art package. 2018 was the last upgrade I bought - I'm a casual user and couldn't justify the upgrade cost to 2019. Then I picked up Affinity Designer, which I probably wouldn't have done if Corel continued to offer upgrade pricing. Some things are better in Affinity Designer; some things are better in CorelDRAW. That said, I definitely prefer the licensing model for Affinity Designer.

Been a draw user forever as well. Always remember v5? coming on a stack of 3.5" floppies and inserting the wrong one on the install, and instead of informing me of my error, just borking the install and forcing me to start from scratch. Haha

Edited by oneofmany
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I've had some version of it on my PC since CorelDraw 3. Probably even before I got started with Cakewalk Professional 6.

Windows 95, and Pentium 1, those were the days, LOL!!!

Me too. I got started from an extra copy my friends brother gave me. I guess they gave educational copies with scanners back in the day. My friends brother is a graphic artist/designer and worked for a big corporation and taught at night. He learned I was interested doing some page layout for start-up and gave me Corel Draw to try. Sad Corel went to subscription now. No way I'm going to pay full price after upgrading the software usually every other upgrade. I don't use it enough to justify the price.  Plus I have to say the Affinity software looks very nice. Someone on this forum directed me to check it out.

Corel Paintshop Pro Ultimate  gets upgraded as my wife has gotten use to the program for her photo and scrap booking addiction! 

I also got most of that stuff in a previous bundle and almost pulled the trigger on this one just for CorelDraw until I seen it was a 6 month subscription. If I were to go subscription I'd probably go with Adobe. Since you can't export vector files from PSP I learned Inkscape earlier this year which works very well for my needs. 🖋️

Corel Draw 4, Aldus PageMaker 4, Adobe Photoshop 2.0... Sweet memories.

There was a rule of thumb that even (4/6/8) versions of CDR was very unstable, and odd (3/5/7) versions was reliable 🙂

Eventually I abandoned Corel for Aldus/Altsys/Macromedia FreeHand, which was replaced by Adobe Illustator. Now I use Adobe at work and Affinity Suite for my personal projects.

55 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Anyone know what the best new features to Paint shop Pro are?

I've got the 2019 version which I use for photos, but I'd like it to be a bit more Intuitive. 

These two links give a rundown of new features in PSP 2020.

https://learn.corel.com/blog/introducing-the-new-paintshop-pro-2020/

https://www.paintshoppro.com/static/psp/docs/products/paintshop-pro/2020/psp2020-version-comp-matrix-en.pdf

I am not sure if anything was "more intuitive" though (I jumped from PSP 5 to PSP 2020).

Edited by mettelus
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mettelus said:

I am not sure if anything was "more intuitive" though (I jumped from PSP 5 to PSP 2020).

I agree, that's why I jumped back to Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020. 

I already know how to use PS Elements. It's like switching DAWs, it takes some time to acquire muscle memory and "intuition". Time I would rather spend on something else.

More brush packs added to the highest tier (check your account if you already bought it) :

Be a Creative Superhero with Painter 2020, CorelCAD and CorelDRAW Graphics Suite just got even better!

Check out these newly-added additions that stack on top of the original content. Take your Creative Superhero status up another level!

Customers who pay $30 or more will receive all of the previous tiers plus:

Brush Pack - Chaos
Brush Pack - Blend
Brush Pack - Lightning Strikes
Brush Pack - Dust & Debris
Brush Pack - Flame
Brush Pack - Hair
Brush Pack - Clouds
Brush Pack - Fluid
Brush Pack - Chunky Paint
Brush Pack - Sand & Soil

That brings the overall total MRSP value up to ~$2,300!

13 days left to get this, if you haven't already.

Edited by Pseudopop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pseudopop said:

More brush packs added to the highest tier (check your account if you already bought it) :

13 days left to get this, if you haven't already.

And a lot of those Brush Packs retail separately at Corel for about $29.99 each! I got about 23 of them included with the bundle!