Audio Dropout

Rick

Hello out there...I'm running an older version of Cakewalk it's Sonor X3. I started out importing a couple of audio tracks into Sonor. I added some audio effects and everything was working fine, until I couldn't play anything anymore???? I caught a dropout message in the bottom right of the program, but now it doesn't even show that error anymore....Then something in Windows popped up (running windows 10) saying something about the hard drive. Well I'm using an SSD for all of software and o.s. so there certainly shouldn't be a problem with that??? Can anyone help me?

At a loss,

guitarrick40

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Then something in Windows popped up (running windows 10) saying something about the hard drive.

How much room is left on your hard drive and do you have a dedicated hard drive for only your audio files? That is something you should do, if you do not.

As far as your dropouts, that's just a buffer setting that may be too low for the current work load of your DAW & PC and/or the dropout configuration in your aud.ini file is set to low. I would first raise your buffers, before messing with the dropout setting.

To solve it, just raise your ASIO drivers for your audio interface or slide the WDM slider to the right, if you are using WDM driver mode.

Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your audio interface.. That's it!!