Focusrite Solo guitar problem with Cakewalk

Count Vlad

Hello all,

I have  Cakewalk by Bandlab  and am using the Focusrite Solo with it.  I am able to record with the mic, but I can't get guitar sounds. My Focusrite nob is lighting up to show that it is receiving signal  from the guitar, but nothing shows up in Bandlab. I have tried switching between the right, left and stereo channels  of Focusrite but nothing   works.   I have read that people also have the same problem with Audacity   and it came down to drivers.  However, my MME drivers work on the mic section of Focusrite.    If you can help that world be great.  Thanks.

On 9/30/2020 at 6:52 PM, 57Gregy said:

Right. And you may still have to go into Cakewalk's Preferences and set the Focusrite to be recording and playback timing master.

Yeah, it's an known issue with focusrite and Cakewalk - just switch to MME 32bit drivers. That's how I'm still doing it. It became second nature. 😒

Who told you to use MME? I have a friend I set up with a Solo and it works 100% with Cakewalk and ASIO driver. Focusrite has a good ASIO driver and if your not using it your tracks will overdub out of sync. It's not a "known issue" to most. Contact Focusrite if you think otherwise. They used to be real good at answering questions. 

MME is the oldest and worst driver you would choose. Latency will be out the window. MME works with MIDI only. 

6 hours ago, John Vere said:

Who told you to use MME? 

The DAW did. 😂

That's the only way I got it to work. There's no sound going into Cakewalk when switching to Asio to record guitars. I have the lastest Focusrite drivers installed v4.6 or something. So, using MME was the only way I'd figured out to record my guitars. 

UPDATE: Solved my problem. You triggered a clue. I went and scout for it and found the culprit - ASIO4ALL was installed. Uninstalled it and problem - SOLVED.

Edited by Will_Kaydo