Plugin Alliance Mega Sale - $20 Voucher Reset

antler

3 hours ago, mibby said:

I've never been really "wowed" by it, but some here really like it, I think.

I would have to agree. I can get better results with Izotope and Waves stuff. I did try it a few times and never really got what I was looking for so I haven't been back to it lately. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2020 at 5:29 AM, antler said:

You may use this voucher (MEGA-SALE-20OFF) again during checkout! Your code can be used one more time, from now on!
All offers end October 5, 11:59 PM California Time

Sorry, but no..!
If you haven't used the code so far, you cannot use the code twice (2x) now. But you can still use it 1x, of course. Code is valid until October 5, 11:59 PM California Time.

Say what??!!

Oh I see now, he's talking to @Zo!! : )

LOL!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Grem said:

I would have to agree. I can get better results with Izotope and Waves stuff. I did try it a few times and never really got what I was looking for so I haven't been back to it lately. 

9 hours ago, mibby said:

I've never been really "wowed" by it, but some here really like it, I think.

4 hours ago, mibby said:

Nectar 3. Done.  😉

I was asking in reference to the price it is available at ($9.99) currently. And also the fact that I am no sound engineer so using other plugins might be a bit of learning curve for me. 

But since it was mentioned, which of Waves Plugins would do a similar/better job? I'll check if I own any already.

Edit: There's still about an hour to go before the $20 code expires. Hope I can decide before that. Else I will probably buy the Green Screamer and the Blue Chorus.

Edited by Kal S
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can someone explain to me what is the catch with the Mix & Master 1 Year Plan Intro Price?

NEW! MIX & MASTER 1 YEAR PLAN INTRO PRICE!
85 Mixing & Mastering Plugins + 40 Modular FX! If the MEGA Bundle is too big for you and you don't need amps, synths or 3D plugins...
THIS is for you! Jump on MIX & MASTER and get a $199.99 voucher back right after you pay.
Yes, you pay $149.99 for 1 year and get $199.99 back in vouchers today!

On a first glance it looks like they're giving away free $50 vouchers...

10 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

Can someone explain to me what is the catch with the Mix & Master 1 Year Plan Intro Price?

On a first glance it looks like they're giving away free $50 vouchers...

It is a single one-time use voucher with no minimum spending. See the Subscription Bundles: Sub 2 Own - Cash-Back Voucher section of https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/support.html

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 11:20 AM, jackson white said:

I found the TE-100 to be a good one. Sounded 'interesting' but VSTs pack a lot of marketing expertise and decided to demo it first. 

And it's pretty fun to play with. The modality is a bit different but takes all of 20 secs to figure out and then you just run with it. 

It might qualify for the quickest time from demo to purchase. 

This ^^^ was my experience as well and really liked what it does to any instruments/tracks. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scook said:

It is a single one-time use voucher with no minimum spending. See the Subscription Bundles: Sub 2 Own - Cash-Back Voucher section of https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/support.html

So basically no catch, if you can spend it all at once.

Though it occurred to me that I have to pay VAT for the bundle, so the "profit" I would make would actually be only about $14 ($200 - $150 x 1.24 = $14). 😃

On 10/4/2020 at 8:20 AM, jackson white said:

I found the TE-100 to be a good one. Sounded 'interesting' but VSTs pack a lot of marketing expertise and decided to demo it first. 

I'm in the middle of mixing an old school r&b project using a "vintage" ITB setup consisting only of the Lindell ChannelX, UAD EMT 140, Soundtoys EchoBoy Jr for tape echo and a Fender amp style spring reverb. The drums are a Gretsch Round Badge kit with 3 mono kit mics and 2 stereo pairs of Room and OHs.  No direct mics.  Horn section is a custom patch from the Korg M1 (the only budget samples I have with some grit). Vocals, guitars and bass are real.  No presets.

I dropped the TE-100 on the P-Bass track and it was instant gratification. A perfect complement to the ChannelX.  And it's pretty fun to play with. The modality is a bit different but takes all of 20 secs to figure out and then you just run with it. 

It might qualify for the quickest time from demo to purchase. 

Hmm. I’ve already got the TE-100 and was thinking of getting Channel X. But then I started thinking that as the TE- 100 is described by PA as a Pultec on steroids, maybe I should just get the preamp and compressor components of Channel X, saving $10. Is the Channel X EQ really redundant if I already have the TE-100? Thx for any feedback!

43 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Is the Channel X EQ really redundant if I already have the TE-100?

Good question. I'm sure you would be just fine with that combination. Of course, you could ask if any EQ is redundant if you already have one but they are different.  On the one project I've used them on, the Channel X EQ was the default and the TE-100 for fine tuning as needed. Please note I'm using the full channel strip, not the individual modules which makes it pretty easy to  roll the way I did. The ability to swap the order of the modules in the ChannelX is a nice convenience. 

A better question is why do I have to pay extra to use the stand alone ChannelX modules when I bought the channel strip. I realize I can just insert the channel strip and turn off any module I don't need, but hey, ya know... why not?   

24 minutes ago, jackson white said:

Good question. I'm sure you would be just fine with that combination. Of course, you could ask if any EQ is redundant if you already have one but they are different.  On the one project I've used them on, the Channel X EQ was the default and the TE-100 for fine tuning as needed. Please note I'm using the full channel strip, not the individual modules which makes it pretty easy to  roll the way I did. The ability to swap the order of the modules in the ChannelX is a nice convenience. 

A better question is why do I have to pay extra to use the stand alone ChannelX modules when I bought the channel strip. I realize I can just insert the channel strip and turn off any module I don't need, but hey, ya know... why not?   

Thx. for the input. I was thinking chiefly about the redundancy issue because both EQs appear to be Pultec style EQs, with the TE-100 being the more flexible of the 2.

I really like the Channel X stuff. Also like the TE 100. Never thought about both EQ's being the "same". Never used then in that manner. The Preamp of the Channel X is different and gives a different out come when paired with the PEX 500. So I don't think you will be redundant if you have both.

It's a shame they will charge for the Channel strip.