dougalex

Please: add mouse wheel scrolling on input list

Programmers... Please: add mouse wheel scrolling on menu dropdown lists e.g. "input list", "output list", "effects list"

Thank you!

Edited by dougalex
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 3

Excellent - I'm not the only one requesting this. We need more requests and positive replies on other threads on this. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 11:25 PM, dougalex said:

Programmers... Please: add mouse wheel scrolling on menu dropdown lists e.g. "input list", "output list", "effects list"

Thank you!

🙂 I had that same request:

Plus the ProChannel modules don't have mousewheel support - and consequently do not work with controllers that emulate the mousewheel.

i.e. Scroll Control feature on Audient Audio Interfaces..NOB is another

13 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Plus the ProChannel modules don't have mousewheel support. 

No man Mark, Doesn't it? 

Unless you're talkng about the knobs etc. 

I remember a discussion on that in the past and part of the reasoning why is Cakewalk not supporting mousewheel scrolling was that it uses native Windows pop-up menus which don't support scrolling either... or something along the lines. Don't remember what was the reason that scrolling was possible in another DAWs though.

10 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I remember a discussion on that in the past and part of the reasoning why is Cakewalk not supporting mousewheel scrolling was that it uses native Windows pop-up menus which don't support scrolling either... or something along the lines. Don't remember what was the reason that scrolling was possible in another DAWs though.

I've argued this too on a thread i posted. With something similar to what you're saying. I don't understand though it though. Windows allows this for every other piece of software available out there. 

23 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Yes, knobs

I have this

Yeah. I thought you meant the prochannel as a whole - that you can do. Move up and down. Knob adjustment with mousewheel - meh. A no-no. My fader port is collecting dust. literally used 4 days, but can't use 40% of it's function. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

42 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Yeah. I thought you meant the prochannel as a whole - that you can do. Move up and down. Knob adjustment with mousewheel - meh. A no-no. 

You can do it in Fabfilter etc. nice workflow, no complicated setup - just mousewheel emulation

I imported all my Impulse Responses to the Rematrix Solo, even from that big list I can easily select any one of them with mousewheel scrolling. 4 bar column is also needed when the list gets bigger. We definitely need this kind of thing. 

image.png

Edited by murat k.

Also another time it annoys me that the scroll wheel cannot be used is when copying a clip from one track to another in the Track View.  If that track is way up the screen it's really clunky to get there by nudging the top of the screen whilst holding the buttons down.