Bad rendering quality

Mik Urrey

Question

Hello!

I have bad rendering quality in CbB. 

Whichever file format or samplerate or bitrate I choose at the output I hear clicks and pops in the file what I don't hear while I play the track in DAW.

Also source samples has this pops and clicks (visible to the naked eye DC offsets) and I can't remove them as DC offsets, using fade tool only.

How to deal with it?

Windows 7 x64, built-in audio interface.

1.mp3

Edited by Mik Urrey

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Mik Urrey said:

Whichever file format or samplerate or bitrate I choose at the output I hear clicks and pops in the file what I don't hear while I play the track in DAW.

How is your gain stage?

• Do your tracks go to the master bus
  • Sends go to buses
  • Buses go to the master bus
  • Is the master bus the only bus  to go to the main outs?

What are the RMS, LUFS, and peak dB levels on your master bus and main outs read?

Are you 100% positive that your export setting are set up correctly? How are you setting them up?

Also source samples has this pops and clicks (visible to the naked eye DC offsets) and I can't remove them as DC offsets, using fade tool only.

How to deal with it?

There is a setting in the preference menu to fix DC off set upon audio files, so make sure that is selected

4 hours ago, Mik Urrey said:

Windows 7 x64, built-in audio interface.

You need a dedicated audio interface. The built in sound cards are not able to deal with the demands of producing audio and running a DAW proficiently. This built in card can give you artifacts, as its drivers are lacking and its converters for A/D and D/A are lacking and its internal hardware is lacking. 

43 minutes ago, CJ Jacobson said:
  • Do your tracks go to the master bus
  • Sends go to buses
  • Buses go to the master bus
  • Is the master bus the only bus  to go to the main outs?

All answers are "Yes"

Are you 100% positive that your export setting are set up correctly? How are you setting them up?

I'm not but I tried many different settings and all avaliable output formats, results are same (but if I disable 64-bit engine I get an invalid vaw file).

There is a setting in the preference menu to fix DC off set upon audio files, so make sure that is selected

I found only "Remove DC offset during record", nothing for externally imported audio. It's switched on.

You need a dedicated audio interface. The built in sound cards are not able to deal with the demands of producing audio and running a DAW proficiently. This built in card can give you artifacts, as its drivers are lacking and its converters for A/D and D/A are lacking and its internal hardware is lacking. 

I know you're right but I'm not a profi and not need extra quality for the time being, standard quality and features + ASIO drivers are enough for me. But I tried some other DAW's before and  had no problems with rendering.

May be these problems caused by CbB's "analog sound oriented" engine?

P.S. I recreate the project with same samples and FXs, it was rendered very well. But when I add one more sample, I got invalid output vawe.

When I rendered another project with VSTi's and no samples, I got fine quality every time. So I assume now that some of my manipulations with the samples cause these errors.

Edited by Mik Urrey

21 minutes ago, Mik Urrey said:

P.S. I recreate the project with same samples and FXs, it was rendered very well. But when I add one more sample, I got invalid output vawe.

When I rendered another project with VSTi's and no samples, I got fine quality every time. So I assume now that some of my manipulations with the samples cause these errors.

Try bouncing down or freezing your MIDI to audio before exporting it out of your DAW.  It cannot handle the 64bit processing engine.

FYI: All these problems will go away with a audio interface.