Ik Multimedia MIXBOX : my take on it !!

Zo

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

Zo, your video was terrible.  It didn’t make me hate the product so I could ignore it but instead made me want to buy mixbox and I have now used it on three projects.  You are no help when trying to save money :)

Thanks for the video, seriously changed my mind hehe

Sorry man , just when people think they're safe cause Oncle Larry is out ,Oncle Zo is there lol .... no rest for your guyz ...lol sorry ...

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Mesh said:

So, is this the best deal (w/jampoints) or would BF bring a better price?

(just asking for a friend) :ph34r:

I got the crossgrade price of $149.99 with an instant $50 off = $99.99. I did not need to use Jampoints.

I hope your "friend" can get that too.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mesh said:

So, is this the best deal (w/jampoints) or would BF bring a better price?

(just asking for a friend) :ph34r:

If you have purchased any of the qualifying products (see link), you'll get a $50 discount. As the price is $149.99, and you can only discount up to 30% with jam points, I don't think it's worth using your jam points if you have the discount.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=9880

As it's a new product, it's unlikely to be greatly discounted during BF; you never know though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Piotr said:

Looking and another approach for such thing to improve workflow I am thinking more and more if DAW creators were doing something wrong?

Plugin creators using some great ideas for  improvement shows what is lacking in usage of our DAW fx bins, plugin browsers etc...

Why Mixbox isn't just built in DAW instead of fx bin? :) 

No, no, I do not try to ask IK for creation of another DAW  ;) They are doing well as providing something what can be used in many DAWs 

Agreed on us not making a DAW.  We've been asked, we have the technology/capability and all, but it is just something that would probably take too much focus off of the plugins that we make for the existing great DAWs.  Plus, that one that went free - can't recall the name ;) - and that other one with the deathly name which has the most forgiving trial period ever, etc alongside the very mature set of DAWs plus some more recent powerhouses just makes it a risky game to play.  Of course things change but for now, no DAW plans.  Thankfully.

14 hours ago, Zo said:

Thks Peter for the kind words , it really warms me up , in fact i don t know how to make short pointless videos lol ...

Reality is i m not a youtuber but a long time producer and what i record is what i do when i chill with friends in studio ... so it s like i m just chilling with you guyz sharing my humble way of doing things ....sure i have the time and langage variable to handle but more important , reviews go flowing when the product is really good ...and that s why i never do review on stuff i don t like , simpl as that , or stuff not brîging really something on the table .

What i said is true from start to finish , amplitube used to be my playground , i bought the leslie for the drive and color for my drums more than guitars that i use way less !! With this release , it really answers a real need :  a plyground with your process , the catalog from ik is consistant , homgenous and musical in that sens that its alwyz serving beauty in sound!

you guyz been on fire lately , just be really sure to push requests , it serves the product and the firm as much as users .

Thank you for the kind words, always happy to give praise where due.  I'm glad you are not some flash in the pan YouTuber "influencer" and remain a real producer and you give great insight in your honest videos.  And you're constructive, just like the vibe I get here overall.  For a DAW/company-specific forum, this is still among the best general audio/recording/music forums I frequent.  I won't name names of others since someone on a certain other forum got a little offended that I compared that forum to another in a certain light.  Hey, I shoot from the hip and if the shoe fits I'll slip it right on ya!

10 hours ago, kevin H said:

Zo, your video was terrible.  It didn’t make me hate the product so I could ignore it but instead made me want to buy mixbox and I have now used it on three projects.  You are no help when trying to save money :)

Thanks for the video, seriously changed my mind hehe

Have to admit you had me in the first half there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All that and I forgot something important that I'll also post on the other MixBox thread:

Great news!

MixBox 1.0.1 is now available for download via IK Product Manager.

What's New:

• Fixed an issue with potential graphic artifacts on larger HD displays
  • Fixed an issue with latency compensation for bypassed modules with altered wet/dry values.
  • Fixed some incorrect Frequency values displayed on the EQ81 Channel Strip.
  • Fixed a potential graphics issue when resizing the GUI to smaller sizes.
  • Fixed text values to display centered in their boxes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mesh said:

Thanks Antler/Bapu!

Unfortunately, I  don't have any of the newer T-Racks 5 and others to qualify for the $99.  Still, I can get it for $104.99 using 45    jampoints from the $149.99 price....decisions,  decisions.   

IK only let me use 44 JamPoints. So $106 here.

21 minutes ago, abacab said:

IK only let me use  44 JamPoints. So $106 here.

If you'd PM your IK username I can see if there's anything I can figure out about this.  I know it is $1 basically, but I don't like that you expected to use 45 and only got to use 44 JamPoints.  I'd like to make it up to you, hopefully with more than $1 worth of something and/or effort at the very least.   Just don't tell the folks over at Gearslutz that like to hate on me a bit at the moment.  Wouldn't want them thinking I was nice or something.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

If you'd PM your IK username I can see if there's anything I can figure out about this.  I know it is $1 basically, but I don't like that you expected to use 45 and only got to use 44 JamPoints.  I'd like to make it up to you, hopefully with more than $1 worth of something and/or effort at the very least.   Just don't tell the folks over at Gearslutz that like to hate on me a bit at the moment.  Wouldn't want them thinking I was nice or something.

Hey @Peter - IK Multimedia, I sincerely appreciate your generous offer! But don't worry about that buck! I took that one, plus many, many more back when I cleaned up at the $199 level for the Group Buy. Would almost feel guilty taking any more! 😁

But seriously, I really think IK has scored big with this new product! I'm really liking it. But not having as much fun yet as Zo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Hey @Peter - IK Multimedia, I sincerely appreciate your generous offer! But don't worry about that buck! I took that one, plus many, many more back when I cleaned up at the $199 level for the Group Buy. Would almost feel guilty taking any more! 😁

But seriously, I really think IK has scored big with this new product! I'm really liking it. But not having as much fun yet as Zo!

All right, if you insist.  Oh, and nobody has as much fun as Zo from what I can tell.  It's something to aspire to :D

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

All right, if you insist.  Oh, and nobody has as much fun as Zo from what I can tell.  It's something to aspire to :D

LOL come and take care of my kids witch i do since several month of covid  , it's so exuasting that anything else is like disney land for me lol !!!! 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Zo said:

LOL come and take care of my kids witch i do since several month of covid  , it's so exuasting that anything else is like disney land for me lol !!!! 

Zo, children are like deals... We are complaining about costs but anyway happy to bear them ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Piotr said:

Zo, children are like deals... We are complaining about costs but anyway happy to bear them ;)

True that ;) just trying to find an excuse ...shhhhut  !!  

Anyway on a more serious side , still fortunate to be exited after 30 years of sound production , blessing !!