Problem from old days - remembering plug settings

xxrich

For the last incarnation of Sonar I had a challenge in... that my Waves L-3 maximizer would sometimes forget it's setting upon a project opening.  Same thing with my Altiverb reverb settings.  I actually thought this was fixed moving to BandLab.  But it happened again tonight upon project opening.   It's a goofy one in that it isn't repeatable, but seems to happen over time.  Any ideas?

-rich

I have had old projects that use the old built in EQ which was the Sonitus. When they move to ProChannel and the PC Eq  the settings were not transfered. Very annoying. Not exactly  the same thing but I fully understand your issue. 

I contacted AudioEase a while ago they assured me it was not their product.  Odd thing is BandLab's Sonar is better!  But it still happens occasionally.  Could be some sequence of events or maybe opening my project before all my plug-ins are scanned?  I have a lot of them:-)

-rich

I wonder if updates to the plugins affects this. In other words, if the VSTi parameter list changes, it could affect Cakewalk's ability to restore the patch.

The only thing that goes against this theory is that the normal workaround to stop this happening is to save your VST patch as a Cakewalk-style patch.

I'd have thought the mechanism of reloading was the same for both, but maybe not.

11 hours ago, xxrich said:

I contacted AudioEase a while ago they assured me it was not their product.  Odd thing is BandLab's Sonar is better!  But it still happens occasionally.  Could be some sequence of events or maybe opening my project before all my plug-ins are scanned?  I have a lot of them:-)

-rich

If your plug-ins have already been scanned, they don't need to be scanned every time you open Cakewalk. Set it to 'manual scan' and you won't have to wait.

Can you not save the settings from a VST as a preset with its own name?  I do this for every VST  that I use in a song, and I've never lost a setting yet.  You would think that saving within CW would keep the settings, but not always, I guess.  Saving presets within the VST has solved this problem for me many times.

• Great Idea 1