forum decorum

willard cottrell

I've looked for a page that informs how best to respond to those who have been helpful.  Is a reply w/ thanks the way or does it add to too much email?  I also believe it saw a way to indicate the best solution or to show a problem solved icon.  I did solve a problem that may be of interest to others.

I hope I'm making sense out of my confusion.

Thanks

Willard

Speaking of decorum, it should be addressed how we respond to people who come on here to ask questions.  I'm not naming names but there is one person who can be very abrasive in addressing posters who he believes are asking questions that (to him) aren't worth answering.  Though he is very knowledgeable in matters that concern us here,  common courtesy seems to be beneath him.  So perhaps if we're addressing decorum we should add to always address people here with courtesy and respect and that no question is a stupid question.  If you can't address somebody and answer their questions without common courtesy and respect please don't bother responding at all.

😀John B

Oh, and I do believe it's proper to say thanks to those who help (although I'm guilty of not always doing that.  I will try to do better😄)

Edited by Johnbee58
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnbee58 said:

can be very abrasive

Fortunately, the few negative posters are usually drowned out by the many friendly, helpful posters. However, I do agree. If you don't have anything nice to say, just move on.