Done with Groups

Doc H

I found that most Facebook music software/hardware groups are decidedly droll. I’ve divorced myself from everyone of them. No one there can have a proper conversation without getting offended. Or getting offended that I’m not offended. Or simply doesn’t have any humor at all. Which I find offensive  

it’s so much nicer here. It’s like being home again.

(I must have found a set of ruby night slippers)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Notes_Norton said:

I divorced myself completely from Facebook, and my life is better for it.

Welcome home.

I must have gotten here after you left, so I'm just getting to know you. "Pleased to meet ya"

Notes

Notes,

Nice to meet you as well. I bailed sometime after Sonar X came out. I’m still on a different platform but the guys here were very helpful when I migrated from Guitar Tracks Pro to Sonar 6 Producer. These guys here are awesome to just banter with. Best bunch of music whiz’s in my book!

I’m sure we’ll get to know each other as time goes on.

I joined when I found my old MIDI Sequencer no longer works well in Windows 10 and was looking for a replacement.

I was immediately welcomed and enjoyed the great sense of humor by the 'regulars' here and made a lot of new friends.

My main instrument is saxophone, but I also play wind synthesizer, flute, guitar, bass, drums, vocals and enough keyboards to impress non-musicians ;)

I write aftermarket style e-disks and song e-disks for Band-in-a-Box but until COVID, my main source of income has always been gigging. I don't have a day job, and don't want one.

I'm in a duo with my wife who is a great singer and plays guitar and synth. If I have guitar GAS, she encourages it because she knows that she will get to play it too! I make my own backing tracks sometimes with the help of BiaB and most of the time from scratch.

I quit FB and all the other anti-social groups except for a half dozen music forums. The anti-social media was just irritating me so I quit. I also had some ethical reasons, but that's a whole 'nother thread.

I still use my old MIDI sequencer, Master Tracks Pro on an old XP or Win7 computer. It has great MIDI editing tools, and without the burden of audio, everything is available from the menu with one click. I spend more time with my hands on music instruments and less time with my hands on the computer.

Notes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

The Coffee House #1 & Coffee House #2 - Rules:

Rule 4b: You can check out, but you can never leave 😉

HTH Del 😁

Kind of funny when you consider that some of us have survived through THREE Coffee House forums (and still haven't gotten the clue to bugger off and have a life!). 😆

18 hours ago, Doc H said:

No one there can have a proper conversation without getting offended. Or getting offended that I’m not offended. Or simply doesn’t have any humor at all. Which I find offensive  

I don't like your tone young man ... 🤪

Edited by Wibbles

7 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

The Coffee House #1 & Coffee House #2 - Rules:

Rule 4b: You can check out, but you can never leave 😉

HTH Del 😁

Well Strummy, should I say I never left but was always here?

image.thumb.jpeg.6ac4e7c73eeba029ebf9afe122d145bb.jpeg

5 hours ago, Wibbles said:

I don't like your tone young man ... 🤪

Am I out of key? Or should I possibly Bb?

4 hours ago, Old Joad said:

I just say stupid things in the song forum sometimes🤧 I'm not sure if they get offended or not...

BTW Welcome back:

If you put a song in the song forum and I say something stupid about it, don't be offended🤘

I say stupid things everywhere. 

• Haha 1

I follow a few group on Facebook, topics like Supercars, some 3D printer groups (To assist in troubleshooting) and a couple of local buy swap and sell groups I’ve used to get rid of a bit of old furniture. Also where i was able to get a couple of kittens 4 years ago. BUT I only read. No individual facebook friends at all.