RME sale this weekend only

Pewter1985

1 hour ago, Pewter1985 said:

Just grabbed me a FirefaceUCX for 1279.20

Not to rain on this but I paid just a tad over that for a UFX II in like new condition from the bay. If someone wanted an RME interface I'd recommend the used market on Reverb or eBay. While the UCX is still great it *is* a 10 year old interface and I wouldn't pay more than $900 shipped for one. They have one of the best resale values for interfaces out there but I'd diligently shop for a deal used for that money. 

3 hours ago, Pewter1985 said:

Sweetwater is having a sale on some RME devices. Sale ends tomorrow September 27, 2020

Just grabbed me a FirefaceUCX for 1279.20

https://www.sweetwater.com/dealzone/?s=&sb=popular&params=eyJmYWNldCI6eyJDYXRlZ29yeSI6WyIyXC82ODJcLzY5NSJdLCJCcmFuZCI6WyJSTUUiXX19

Hm, not following US prices but it looks like regular  price (not catalog) for this card.

At least in Europe (which is usually not place for hw lowest prices ). 

3 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

The UCX is usually $1599 new

Hm, so it is pretty rare example where US prices are significantly higher...

Whenever I was watching at that card prices (thinking of replacement my FF400 with UCX) in shops in my region it was about 1100 EUR (so ~$1280) with 23 % VAT included...

19 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Not to rain on this but I paid just a tad over that for a UFX II in like new condition from the bay. If someone wanted an RME interface I'd recommend the used market on Reverb or eBay. While the UCX is still great it *is* a 10 year old interface and I wouldn't pay more than $900 shipped for one. They have one of the best resale values for interfaces out there but I'd diligently shop for a deal used for that money. 

This was a deal for a brand new unit not a used one.  I'll have a 2 year warranty through Sweetwater and any issues I run into, I can return it and get it replaced free of charge. Though the model is older the unit is brand new.  Buying used has its caveats, some times you win sometimes you don't. Getting things cheaper isn't always a bargain. I thought since I don't usually see these brand new units on sale, why not share the deal here. Whether you buy brand new or used, that is up to the buyer. For me a warranty is everything, on high priced items.

6 minutes ago, Pewter1985 said:

Buying used has its caveats, some times you win sometimes you don't.

I bought a used RME Fireface 400 (firewire interface) from someone on this forum. This was an old unit. It came out before USB was cable enough to do the job. I paid $500 for it! That was the most I had ever paid for an audio interface. After several years of use I understood why they cost so much. I felt I got more than my money's worth out of it. I looked up the price for a new RME and decided I would pay that price when it became time to get another one.

As life goes, I got a great deal on a UA Apollo Twin. And then I sold my old RME unit on ebay. I got $350. I really think I could have held out for the going price of $450, but I let somebody that wanted a good interface have a deal.

I cannot say enough good things about RME. Great company, great interfaces, great software mixer, best drivers in the world. If I would not have gotten the Apollo and was still using my old Fireface 400, I probably would get in on this deal. I have not seen these go on sale much. And like Christian says, they do have a great re-sale value.

I bought a used RME Babyface for $300 a few years ago, and it has been the best interface I have ever owned, hands-down.  Sounds great, works perfectly.  In the entire time I've owned it, I don't recall a single crash caused by the hardware or drivers.   

At $300 it was a total steal, even for a 7 year old interface - I could sell it tomorrow for $500, and I bet it still has years of life left in it.   

• Like 1

Problem with rme is when you buy one , you re good for decades lol ....did i really complaints onthis ? Omg ....

by the way on my videos , all treatment on my voice are built in fx : eq and filters , comp and gate ... all working exellent ...

was thinking of uad for at purpose but to tell the truth i m good like that ...

Edited by Zo

7 minutes ago, Zo said:

was thinking of uad for at purpose but to tell the truth i m good like that ...

Zo, if didn't get a great deal on a Apollo and the plugins (not just the plugins that come with UA devices) I would have stayed with RME. In fact, I even contemplated getting this deal just to see which I liked better.

Then I did some recording with the SSL E in the Unison slot... and the EMT 250 reverb. Decided I'll keep the UA stuff a little while longer!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Zo, if didn't get a great deal on a Apollo and the plugins (not just the plugins that come with UA devices) I would have stayed with RME. In fact, I even contemplated getting this deal just to see which I liked better.

Then I did some recording with the SSL E in the Unison slot... and the EMT 250 reverb. Decided I'll keep the UA stuff a little while longer!!

Yeah UA and RME. Personally I choose RME not just because of the best drivers in the biz, but the lowest latency too, and as a amp sim user that matters big time. I hear UA is good for latency too actually, but it's always RME that I hear coming out a little further on top. 

I was in the market for a UCX for the longest time but refused to buy new at those prices, especially after I saw a like new UCX with all the box and extras go for $750 shipped on Reverb right before I had the money, I was ruined after I saw that and refused to to pay more than $800-900 for one. But considering, like @Zo said, that when you buy an RME you're pretty much set for the next decade or more--even on the 10 year old UCX, I decided I'd invest a few hundred more and try to score RME's latest and greatest UFX II, which is a $3000 interface, and *really*  be set. So I cruised eBay for a few weeks and would see a UFX II here and there go for $1650 - 1700 and those had scratches and didn't even come w/ the box, cables and manual (great for resale value). Then one day I lazily type "UFX" in the eBay search instead of "RME UFX" and a pristine condition UFX II came up that sat at $850 right until the last few seconds of the auction. When you used the keyword "RME" in the search that listing didn't come up; it only came up if you only typed "UFX" and left the "RME" part out. The guy who listed it apparently didn't give the listing good searchable keywords for some reason so a lot of would-be bidders didn't find the listing so the listing sat there for 2 weeks w/o getting the price bidded up sky high early on like people who don't know how to eBay properly always do. But like me, there were 1 or 2 lurkers who *did* happen to find the listing, and like me, they checked the auction daily for 2 weeks but lied in wait until the last few seconds of the auction. I new it was highly unlikely that I would score a like new RME UFX II with pristine box, cables, manual etc for $850, but as the auction got to the final 15 seconds no one had bidded. Then at the last 9 seconds a little bidding war began between 2 other lurkers, but I came in and nabbed it at the last 2 seconds for $1200, and it was mine! But wait.. no it wasn't. One of the other last second lurker bidders tried to pull a fast one on me and he used that eBay bidding feature that's unknown to a lot of eBay bidders, where right after the seconds on the auction clock hit 0 where technically the auction is over, there's actually still a brief moment there where you can shove a bid through - and this dude did that.. I was about to score a $3000 UFX II for $1200 but after the auction "ended" he bidded me up to my max bid of $1300. Still a good deal but that bidder should've known I was in it to win it d@mn it. He ran me up an extra $100 even after the auction "ended" lol.

If you read all that here's the takeaway: To everyone who runs up the bidding price on eBay auctions early on in the listing: that is not how it's done! What I described above is how it's done! You do not bid early on, ever. You swoop down in the last few seconds, and if you've got the b@lls, make your one and only bid a single max *immediately* after the auction clock hits 0.

Anyway if you absolutely just have to buy new then that was a decent deal at Sweetwater. But with RME, unlike, say, Behringer, you're safe taking your chances and getting *a way better deal* for your money on the used market w/ RME. Or you can pay several hundred dollars more for a return policy that you're highly unlikely to use. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

since 2007 : RME FF400 , sold it like in 2010 or so and bougth an UCX .... happy since this day ...

I tried pretty every interfaces , and before the rme 400 i had pcie emu 1616m witch was great , but the diff was really abvious 

owned the VS 700 , and own focusrite forte and roland UA mobile (for school)  , really great iptions nowdays , driver wise rme rules , roland latency is crazy also !!

I've owned three interface since I went ITB.

ECHO Gina

Tascam FW-1884

RME Fireface UFX (not II)

Extra Bonus points:

For my laptop Roland UA-1G, recently replaced with Presonus AudioBox USB 96 

AXE IO by IK for whenever I get a guitarist in the studio again.

12 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I've owned three interface since I went ITB.

ECHO Gina

Tascam FW-1884

RME Fireface UFX (not II)

Extra Bonus points:

For my laptop Roland UA-1G, recently replaced with Presonus AudioBox USB 96 

AXE IO by IK for whenever I get a guitarist in the studio again.

i forgot the ua1G , it's stiky like some honey but still great (for son lol)