Democracy Blues

freddy j

Here, is a song  which is intended to encourage us all to get out and exercise our rights and duties as citizens of this democracy.  Get on out and vote y'all.

This one is primitive, striped down, and raw.  It took me ages to get the sound of the lead guitar just right (I almost got it like I wanted).  I was going for that gravelly. over driven sound of the early electric guitar sound of jump Blues and early electric Blues.  It is raw and basic but I hope you enjoy and that it might induce a consideration to participate in our democracy.  I also hope that it gets you toes to tapping.

As always comment, suggestions, and crit.'s will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

DEMOCRACY  BLUES

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

On 9/26/2020 at 1:57 PM, freddy j said:

I was going for that gravelly. over driven sound of the early electric guitar sound of jump Blues and early electric Blues

You nailed it Freddy.

And the message is Loud and Clear

Get out and Vote!

👍👍👍👍's
all thumbs and big toes on this one; its called All In!

t

one little crit though, that single note line in the left can is competing with the vocal and the solo guitar; I'd pull it down just a tad...

Hi Steve.  Thanks for the kind words.

Hey Bjorn.  Thanks for your "professional critique".  I worked hard trying to get that gravelly, scratchy, old time guitar sound.  I'm glad that it sounded OK.  I also agree about the upcoming election.  It is indeed different.

Hi Douglas.  Thank you for your very kind comments.  I guess like most people who found the Blues to be a musical magnet ---- I may wander a bit to other genre but am always pulled back to the Blues.

Hello Hugh.  Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment.  I'm very glad that you liked it.  I'm absolutely terrible for self promotion; therefore, my songs tend to exist only on this forum and SoundClick.  Thanks again.

Hey Daryl.  Thanks very much for listening and commenting.  You know ---- someday I might just have to join Facebook and see what is going on there  ; > )

In addition to the spot-on PSA timing, I'd also like to notice that this mix might be one of your best. The vocals are clear against the guitar background and nothing sounds too masked! You might push the bass up and the drums maybe just a bit more low end? But there was no overcompressed crunchiness anywhere, and the timing of the instruments was a lovely slow snaky shuffle.

Thanks for that one, a pleasure to listen to!

cheers,

-Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tom.  Thanks for the kind words.  Get out and vote indeed!!!  BTW, thanks for the tip!

Hey Lynn.  Thanks for commenting -- much appreciated!!  BTW, don't forget to vote.  I have already turned my ballot in.

Jesse - how are you!  Hey, you reached 23 songs  --- well done!!!!  Thanks for listening and the comments.

Hi Paul.  I'm really glad that you liked it.  For me it is a hard race between the Blues and rockabilly --- I guess that's why I like Bluesabilly.  Thanks very much for listening and for commenting.

Hi Tom.  Thanks very much for the  kind comments and the tips.  They mean a lot coming from you!

Hi Gary.  Thank you very much and yes, I took your suggestion on the last song I posted and beefed up the vocals a bit.  Thanks!

Hey Nigel.  Thank you!  I am very glad that you liked this song --- especially given the excellent quality of your productions.  "Is there such a thing as a free democracy?"  Now that is a question worthy of discussion.  It seems that everything has a price in one way another.  Is there such a thing as a free democracy  ----  hmmmmm, I might have to think awhile about that one.  Is a free democracy free  -- a good song title?. .!?  Thanks again.