Looping pops

Remi

I just started using cakewalk today. Im not that new to daws since i have been using cubase. I have this one issue though, when i try to get rid of the pop that occurs when i loop an audio file the fade does not loop. It gets dragged with the loop instead. Maybe i am just being dumb but i would appreciate some help!

A picture might be in order. I don't understand what "the fade does not loop" means?  If you apply a fade at the beginning and end of the clip after you are done looping then there should not be click or pop? Do you mean that you have a clip with fades on it but when you loop around that clip you still here a pop? If that is true then you might have to ask the developers about that. I have not noticed that.

i add the fade by slightly dragging in the corners on each side but when i loop it the fade on the right hand side follows the loop so that the end of the audio track and the start of it is faded but not the looped clips themselves. Sorry if my explanation is bad:(

In other words the only way for me to get rid of the pop sound is to copy paste the clip over and over again since the fade wont loop properly.

Edited by Remi

14 hours ago, Remi said:

i add the fade by slightly dragging in the corners on each side but when i loop it the fade on the right hand side follows the loop so that the end of the audio track and the start of it is faded but not the looped clips themselves. Sorry if my explanation is bad:(

In other words the only way for me to get rid of the pop sound is to copy paste the clip over and over again since the fade wont loop properly.

The popped is caused by not cutting the track at a 'zero crossing.' 

Make sure you have the option selected that says 'cut at zero crossings' also. Then cut your loop and apply a very very very short fade should work perfectly.  Make sure the fade envelope is set to 'fast' and try just a frame or 2. It doesn't take much and if you have 'cut at zero crossings' enabled, it may not need a fade.

• Like 1