Rock n roll cliche

Paul Bush

Paul, this is a damn good song, with a clear, well-balanced mix, good arrangement, and very good vocals.  I hear many influences here, and I never get tired of this style of music.  The only crit I have is the bass guitar.  I've read your post in the instruments forum and noted your concern with the bass, and while I like the part, it just seems to be missing the low end to balance out your bass drum.  But, that's all; the rest of the song sounds "radio ready".  All in all, I'm ready to listen again for the fun of it!

Hi well thanks chaps , all your comments mean a great deal t to me as Ive been using Bandlab for just over a year and I feel with every recording I´m making slight improvemants .You`re  not going to blieve this but I mastered from wave onto mp3 and boosted the bottom end so that i could to post onto soundcloud and on uplouding to SC all the cymballs developed  a chorus effect and were distorted so I deleted and posted just the wave file  I´m not sure why this happened ? cheers P

Hi Daryl, you are speaking to the man of short intro`s  and a man of dam short trousers , I hate long intro`s  myself but in this case I just thought it worked with this type of ..dare I say it   alan parsons type insipired song  albeit with not so many electric keys etc although i take your point one could nod off before the song  gets going ..haha   cheers Pb

Great tune! This reminds me of the great male vocal acts of the 60s like Neil Diamond and Gary Puckett. Nice to hear people making music like that still. 

My only real nit is the relatively  unchanging nature of the rhythm section. I think more attention to building and releasing energy as the song progresses would take this song to another level, particularly around the guitar solo.

Really good vocals with an engaging m elody!

Hi Kevin thanks for your comments , to be honest I was  a bit worried that the bass was going to be a bit boring after a while , I should have changed It during  chorus,  I was thinking of adding a bit more synth but the the song would have been even longer due to the intro being so long ( I liked it that way though) in hinsight I didnt have an overall  concept and didnt map out the song ,  cheers Pb

On 9/30/2020 at 5:53 PM, Kevin Walsh said:

Great tune! This reminds me of the great male vocal acts of the 60s like Neil Diamond and Gary Puckett. Nice to hear people making music like that still. 

My only real nit is the relatively  unchanging nature of the rhythm section. I think more attention to building and releasing energy as the song progresses would take this song to another level, particularly around the guitar solo.

Really good vocals with an engaging m elody!

Not sure if you had a listen to my last song  ``Joyriding,´´ also with quite good vocals 

Hi guys , Ive had a lot of response to this song  and is well appreciated  I´m going to re-master  just to bost  up the bass and have a second sitting with a fresh pair of ears and i´ll post it again next week , once again thanks for taking the time to comment and respond ( i dont seem to get much response on FC groups , soundcloud, ytube etc) cheers  Pb