Beatles USA First Album Cut

steve@baselines.com

5 hours ago, Wookiee said:

This was the second album in the UK my brother had the first I had this one. It had a dodgy track on side two a problem occurred during pressing.

Not a bad cover for a band that is not easy to cover, perhaps a tad to much reverb on the vocal.

JMFO

You are absolutely right my friend!  I had to fight with the singer when he gave me his vocal track.  It was actually the second track he sent.  The first one was drowning!  I took the second one and put it through RX to strip off some more of the vocals which degraded it a little further.  I gave up and used the one I got.  After asking once, if I don't get a dry track, I realize I am fighting a losing battle and move on!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lynn said:

You're always playing with fire when covering the Beatles, but I think you did a good job with this tune.  This has always been one of my favorite early Beatle songs, and I suspect if John Lennon would have had this reverb available to him, he would have gladly used it.  Well done!

Thanks Lynn!  One thing that I was happy I could duplicate was McCartney's double stops (Root and 5th) in the bass during the verses.  I don't think you'll find that in any of the pop songs of the time.

• Like 1