Kilohearts Multipass $29 until October the 10th

pseudopop

For a limited time we are offering our award-winning, multiband, modular effects-building machine, Multipass, for just $29!

Yes. You read that correctly. Multipass for $29. That's over 70% off! But it won't last forever... and it may never happen again.

This offer ends at midnight [CET] on October the 10th. Don’t miss it.

Multipass is an award-winning multiband effect plugin and Snapin host, available in VST, AU, AAX, and Snapin formats. At the heart of the plugin is a band splitter that splits the audio into up to five different frequency bands. These individual bands can then be processed separately by Snapin effects.

All Multipass presets, both factory and shared, will be fully functional regardless of which effects you actually own. So if your buddy Tyler creates a sick patch using every Snapin in his ULTIMATE Toolbox and you've only got the freebies... you can still use it. So tell him to email it right over!

https://kilohearts.com/products/multipass

Edited by Pseudopop
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

The snapins included are free to download anyway, so I'm not quite convinced this rack is really worth the money.

But it's a deal so I posted it. It's what Larry would've wanted.

I tried the demo and I have to agree.

I have a few of their paid plugins so had more to play with but still not enough to convince me of its worth.  

They have a free rack, Snap Heap, that lets you do effects-chains and serial/parallel processing.

The value of Multipass is that it does frequency band splitting, meaning that along with their free Stereo snapin, you could something similar to what products such as Boz's Mongoose, or iZotope's O8A Imager module do; if you have any of their dynamics processor snapins, you could do multiband compression.

As with everything though, YMMV.

• Like 1

Please note that they send out a 30$ voucher each month and often have sales on snapins so Imgot most of the collection for a small fraction of the list price. Multipass is awesome even with a few of the optional snapins, and things like reverb, chorus, distortion etc are very cool to use on only parts of the spectrum.

7 minutes ago, iScream said:

Imo it's better to buy  Unfiltered Audio's TRIAD on the next sale for the same price, which is also multiband and includes all effects   😎

That's exactly what I did! I got it on sale for $50! Multiband with 43 effects and 20 modulations, plus all BYOME presets! 😎

Edited by Hillmy
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

That's exactly what I did! I got it on sale for $50! Multiband with 43 effects and 20 modulations, plus all BYOME presets! 😎

I think I remember someone saying that the BYOME presets sound slightly different in TRIAD. Just something to be aware of.

3 hours ago, antler said:

I think I remember someone saying that the BYOME presets sound slightly different in TRIAD. Just something to be aware of.

I never used BYOME so I wouldn't know. But all I know this means is more presets! ;)

The TRIAD presets sound amazing themselves. The BYOME presets are just extra for inspiration and tweaking.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:11 PM, Pseudopop said:

I should have said "not worth the money for me". It sounds interesting, but to get the most out of it I'd have to buy a lot of Kilohearts plugins (I currently own none).

If it supported 3rd party plugins I would buy it instantly.

The main point of the multipass host is the modulation and it’s probably difficult to integrate third party plugins with that, unless they were snap-in compatible.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:47 AM, Cat Schrodinger said:

Twenty eight Kilohearts licenses, but have never had a $30 monthly voucher come my way. There's a $100 voucher as a subscriber reward for every 12 months subscribed (I'm not a subscriber). But I'm unable to find any info about a monthly voucher.

I am receiving a 30$ loyalty voucher every month and have since my first purchase. I’ve bought most of my snap-Ins  for like $10 each. Perhaps you should reach out their support?

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2020 at 7:02 PM, iScream said:

Imo it's better to buy  Unfiltered Audio's TRIAD on the next sale for the same price, which is also multiband and includes all effects   😎

I have both but they are actually quite different and  I often prefer multipass. Multipass and it’s snap-in modules has a neater/cleaner one-screen UI and is generally much easier/faster to work with. Some of the snapins doesn’t have an equivalent in triad and they can be used stand alone as well. The snapins have a very different sound compared to the byome modules.

I have most of the UA-plugins and triad is indeed a powerful sound design tool which I also use, but it sounds completely different.

Multipass does however require investment in  snapins, and although I bought most snapins for like $10 each (with vouchers) it’s still going to be more expensive than getting triad on sale. It’s definitely worth having if one have already bought into their eco-system though.

• Like 1