AA Acqua: Amber, Coffee, Purple sale

Hidden Symmetry

1 hour ago, Max Arwood said:

If you were to buy just one Acustica-Audio Plugin(set)  (regardless of sale) which would you buy?

Really depends on what you're looking for since the different collections span mixing, mastering, single-purpose, and effects.

Their community maintains a nice list of what's included in what set here: https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList

For mixing, Gold is well regarded if you want the plugin to color your sound and like the classic Neve sound. Pink is supposedly a good API emulation; haven't heard it myself. 

For effects, Taupe is a bunch of tape emulations, and I think Lemon is delays.

There are some mastering-oriented tools. Erin, some third-party models, etc. 

I know you mention "regardless of sale" but they had a very nice Black Friday sale last year and that's not too far off.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

If you were to buy just one Acustica-Audio Plugin(set)  (regardless of sale) which would you buy?

@Max Arwood  If we are talking Aqua Plugins:

1st Water, 2nd Cream, 3rd Pink in this order. You can get every genre mix done with those...then add Ruby + Taupe + Ivory + others at a later date.

That's what I would do now after 5 years of Acustica stuff... Unless you are ready to do some serious work of learning and collecting the stuff for Nebula 4. Which is simply awesome but a bit more initial work and research in what is good needed.

• Like 2

@Max Arwood

Sounds like you're new to AA so I'd first suggest to try the freebies. Because of the tech that's used the cpu usage is higher than most so it's all about a workflow trade-off. The performance  greatly depends on you're machine build as well as the daw used ( e.g. you can run more instances in Reaper)

I like N4 + 3rd party programs myself. For Acqua's my choice would be Lime or Amethyst for all around general purpose strips.  Also because of the tech I prefer to use algo comps (except for when I have a very difficult instrument track. That's when I'll reach for programs made by Tim Petherick /3rd party-N4..great stuff)

It really depends on your needs or what works on your material. Demos usually run for about a month.

• Like 1

Thinking about getting Coffee for about $57.  I already have the cream. How come they don't have sugar?  😄

I've been slowly collecting these as they have been on sale and slowly learning to use them.  Most are very subtle in the sound gooder area which is hard for me to get used to.  But they do work.  And they do use CPU.  But really, I find it isn't any more than most of my Izotope plugins use.  I usually just get a track sounding good and then freeze or bounce it and disable the original if it gets too much.  I can always go back and change it later if needed.