Guitar stabs

Royarn

I've recorded some guitar stabs at quarter notes in a song, had to re align them a little as my playing  was off but they are perfectly on the beat, but sometimes I play back and they sound off the beat other times they sound spot on. I can't think what can cause this, any ideas please.

Roy

Are you looping it during playback and is it audio or MIDI you recorded? 

Do you have any Plugin effects on this track? 

This is prob not it, but if its MIDI make sure your tempo map doesn't have any tempo changes and make sure your MIDI buffers are set for optimal response.  You can also try playing with your audio interface ASIO buffers as well

CJ

• Like 1

Hi CJ, its audio with an amp simulation Bias fx Pro. I'll try disabling that to see if it changes , unfortunately its random so may take a while. What do you think midi buffers should be set at as I have some midi tracks on this so at present.

Thanks Roy

Edited by Royarn
Addition

5 hours ago, Royarn said:

What do you think midi buffers should be set at as I have some midi tracks on this so at present.

Since its audio and you are not having any MIDI issues, keep them ware they are set at. The right settings are the Settings that work for you and they are working for you,  yes? :)