Toontrack Classic Rock EZX

cclarry

17 hours ago, Mark Stow said:

In this instance I think the SDX is the one to go for. But i think we could still achieve a lot if we simply opt for the EZX. It does seem like i have been waiting for years for this. I dabble with SD3 but mainly to tweak my drum midi. I then tend to use SSD5 on my midi. I am hoping this SDX or EZX pulls me back to working with one drum module, that being SD3.  🤔

Hi Mark - a question   -   I noticed your comments re SSD5 -  i have SSD4 and used to use it many years ago, but i never liked the routing -  did they change it in SSD5?? I never did upgrade - in fact I sort of put  Slate software on my blacklist! All the broken promises re the content for SSD4 was extremely disappointing to say the least - in fact I have quite a lot of "old" slate stuff that is now not even installed -   the limiter, the channel emulations etc shame

Anyway I digress - what I meant to ask is did they sort all the issues with SSD5

Thanks

Nigel

3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

HI Nigel

It is a huge improvement. I never did gel with SSD4. I really like the SSD5. I have a current project where i was using Hard Rock EZX but i now keep switching back to one of the presets in SSD5. When I was using SSD4 i rarely would use it on projects, as I had same issue as you...it just seemed overcomplicated. I am excited to try these Classic Rock EZX though :)

Go to the SSD5 website there are a lot of great videos on routing etc, I think it is better than SSD4.

3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Mark - a question   -   I noticed your comments re SSD5 -  i have SSD4 and used to use it many years ago, but i never liked the routing -  did they change it in SSD5?? I never did upgrade - in fact I sort of put  Slate software on my blacklist! All the broken promises re the content for SSD4 was extremely disappointing to say the least - in fact I have quite a lot of "old" slate stuff that is now not even installed -   the limiter, the channel emulations etc shame

Anyway I digress - what I meant to ask is did they sort all the issues with SSD5

Thanks

Nigel

On 9/27/2020 at 10:19 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Zo - same here  when I purchased the SDX - over time i had  built up a number of points - i think you have to register first, but then each purchase you make from them, you get some points, which you can use against new purchases

Nigel

If you buy from other shops , you still get those points when registring , this might be that if not ....?