Sonniss GDC 2020 free sounds download

Matthew Sorrels

https://sonniss.com/gameaudiogdc2020/

The Google Drive and WeTransfer links don't seem to have limits, the Box.Net only let you do limited simultaneous downloads so I don't recommend using them.

They do these GDC packs every year and are generally some great sound effects.

(1465 WAV files) 55GB+ of high-quality sound effects from many of the best sound recordists and designers in the
    World. Use them personally or commercially without attribution. Everything that we send out is just a small sample
        of our suppliers complete libraries. If you would like more options and design choices to work with, please
        consider purchasing their corresponding collection (you can find more infomation in the tracklist).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fleer said:

Got them since 2015 or so, but now I’m wondering what to do with them as they fill up so much space. Kick them all out? Only keep the last one (2020)? But even that one’s over 50, like me. 

I noticed they have a filelist. Is it possible to d/l that, search it when you need a sound, and then just d/l that one?

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

Got them since 2015 or so, but now I’m wondering what to do with them as they fill up so much space. Kick them all out? Only keep the last one (2020)? But even that one’s over 50, like me. 

I go through them, because while there are some useful files (to me), there are a number of large files over 100MB each of things like outdoor areas or ambiences that I won't ever use.  So even just a quick go-through can remove many GB.   So for what I've kept of the GDC downloads from 2015-2019, they take up just over 2GB.

They could also be batch converted to 16/44.1 if you don't work at higher sample rates, which would save a lot of space, too.

Side note: While going through them, I also make notes on folders or sounds that I will use so, just so I can find them without spending time searching in the future.  I don't spend a lot of time on this, usually just making broad category notes, like weather, cars, weapons, gaming sounds, etc.  To each their own, of course.  I've just accumulated so many samples that I don't want to spend much time looking for something that I vaguely remember wanting to use.  :)  I recently had someone ask me for an "action packed high speed cinematic car chase soundtrack" to use in a funny song, and it was easy to find the samples I needed.

• Great Idea 1

9 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

https://sonniss.com/gameaudiogdc2020/

The Google Drive and WeTransfer links don't seem to have limits, the Box.Net only let you do limited simultaneous downloads so I don't recommend using them.

They do these GDC packs every year and are generally some great sound effects.

Im trying the torrent route at the mo .. 1 hr 40 so far but getting faster all the time

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Must have been the time you did it. For both those I am getting about 30mins per link to download.

I am on a gigabit broadband

Normally Google Drive links are pretty quick,but  I just checked and Google has temporarily blocked these files because they have been downloaded too many times.  I got the whole set very, very early this morning when it went live.  The torrent might actually be the only quick way at this point.  I think Google will reset tomorrow though.  Their links usually download very fast for me (I'm on gigabit fiber).