Why Becan Proves The Existence of God

Wibbles

The English have a vast surplus of 'u's, and have to distribute freely with their 'o's to keep them from overrunning the countryside and scaring the sheep.

Could be worse. According to local folklore, they stole them from the Welsh. To this day, the Welsh have had to make do with 'y's, the only vowel-like letter their neighbors left them.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

God can't spell becan wright

That's one of the few things you can't blame God for.

He only put in personal appearances in the old testament which was originally in Hebrew. Written Hebrew had no vowels, so "becan" was written as "bcn". Either way, it was a definite no-no, until Christians decided to ignore the bits of the old testament that they didn't like*.

* Along with a lot of retcon to pathe the way for their messiah.

Edited by Wibbles
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, John Bradley said:

The English have a vast surplus of 'u's, and have to distribute freely with their 'o's to keep them from overrunning the countryside and scaring the sheep.

Could be worse. According to local folklore, they stole them from the Welsh. To this day, the Welsh have had to make do with 'y's, the only vowel-like letter their neighbors left them.

And the French have an abundance of "Xs" and "Qs". In French scrabble the X and the Q are worth 2 points each. :D

Putting those letters in plenty of words I suppose is better than wasting them.

Notes

4 hours ago, craigb said:

Cats-kitten-invents-welsh-language.jpg

In the mid 1990s I spent a month in the UK. From London to Wales up the west side of the island to the Outer Hebrides, down the east side to Dover and back to London for my 4 final days.

I sput 3,000 miles on the rental car. I really enjoyed myself and the people. In Wales I couldn't pronounce the signs and in Scotland I couldn't understand many of the people.

I stopped at a road house in the Hebrides and at a pub met a man and his friend "Bob". I could understand about 1/10 of what one guy was saying (including his name), and none of what Bob was saying, but we shared smiles and a few rounds of drinks. The band was terrible, but in a very nice way, amateurish, bad intonation, but with plenty of great energy and enthusiasm. We had a great time.

In Wales the motel we reserved earlier that day on the phone figured we weren't coming so they rented our room out. They sent us to an old Castle turned hotel and we got a more luxurious room for the same price as the one we reserved.

At the time I was selling my Band-in-a-Box disks through a UK distributor. He sent me a green P decal for my rental car, and the UK drivers were very courteous. He put me up for a night and was a great host.

But I had and still have no idea how to pronounce the signs in Wales.

Nice country though and full of nice people.

Notes

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 11:06 PM, John Bradley said:

Modern scholars who have studied this imperialistic act of lexicographical appropriation now describe it as History's Greatest Vowel Movement.

---

Yeah, I know, bad form to revise and extend my own joke. But in my defense, I did just leave it sitting there, for anybody to pick up.

With a hanky.

Even though I go by the name bayoubill I Am  not Cajun but I play one on PC

It's merely a reference to my location

Am primarily Welsh and secondarily Spanish/Mexican ( Guillermo Sanchez)

I play guitar, bass, and some keyboards 

I have chronic amnesia and mentally and physically impaired (ba dody do / professional wimp)

Am  deef and practically blind plus I have chronic amnesia

I haven't had Becan going on 3 weeks on the advice of my Doctor

I hate Doctors

in short, a hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running

good day!