Screenset never saves with project

drobertbaker

Question

I can't get a Screenset to save with a project for anything!

I've looked at all the questions, no solutions work for me.

I've tried Basic, Advanced, Workspaces, No workspace, "dirty" the track before saving , save the project, copy screenset to another screenset, name the screenset, lock and unlock . Nothing works.

I can make layout changes, switch to another screenset, come back to the original, and the changes are there.

But if I save and close the project, when I open it again, it always has the same little view it always had, and the screenset I was working with is right back to its original out-of-the-box configuration.

This is not a complex function. It should be pretty simple. Few others seem to have this problem.

What's the secret? What am I missing?

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

7 hours ago, drobertbaker said:

I can't get a Screenset to save with a project for anything!

I've looked at all the questions, no solutions work for me.

I've tried Basic, Advanced, Workspaces, No workspace, "dirty" the track before saving , save the project, copy screenset to another screenset, name the screenset, lock and unlock . Nothing works.

I can make layout changes, switch to another screenset, come back to the original, and the changes are there.

But if I save and close the project, when I open it again, it always has the same little view it always had, and the screenset I was working with is right back to its original out-of-the-box configuration.

This is not a complex function. It should be pretty simple. Few others seem to have this problem.

What's the secret? What am I missing?

Are you using the latest Cakewalk by Bandlab (Which is 2020.9 Build 006)?

On the latest versions, see if deselecting "Apply Workspaces on project Load" makes a difference (I can't remember when this was introduced).

See if deselecting the option "Windows Layouts" under "load from Workspace" in Workspace Manager for any used Workspaces makes a difference..

On 9/22/2020 at 2:28 PM, Promidi said:

The only other thing I can think of is that your screensets are locked.

If it's not that, then I am out of ideas.  I use screensets all the time in my projects and screensets always save ok for me.

Maybe drop a note to Cakewalk support.

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633

For me Screen position not positionning correctly when project loaded from playlist SET. (vs if loaded from file-Open)