Can’t unfreeze midi drum track

Help help! A project I’ve been working on has suddenly formed a bug. I have ad2 midi drum track frozen but the freeze button is greyed out. The input echo acts like a monitor input when pushed. I can access the midi notes in the piano roll but not sure if I can copy or cut them out from there? Or how to go about it. The track has been frozen for some time after many saves.. is there somewhere where midi data is stored? Then just delete that midi track and paste the notes back in?? 

I'm assuming this is an instrument track?

This should fix it:

1. Create a new instrument track with AD2
2. Select your original AD2 track, select Edit->Copy Special making sure "Copy Events In Track"  is checked
3. Select your new track, select Edit->Paste Special
4. Drag any additional effects from the old track's FX bin to the new track's FX bin
5. Delete you original AD2 track.

If it's not an instrument track (i.e. you've got separate MIDI / Audio tracks), then what probably has happened is that the output of the MIDI track has been changed after you froze the track, and possibly the original audio track deleted. Breaking the link between a frozen MIDI / Audio track is what causes the freeze icon to be greyed out.

To fix it in this situation:

1. Create a new Audio & MIDI track
2. Insert AD2 into the synth rack
3. Set your new Audio track's input to the new AD2
4. Set the MIDI track's output to AD2
5. Select your old AD2 MIDI track, and drag the clips over to the new MIDI track
6. Delete the original MIDI track.

Edited by msmcleod

I haven’t lost Ad2 because it works fine in other projects.. looking at msmcleod’s post. It sounds like this happened when I hooked up my new MOTU 5x5. My Tascam 2x2 is always used for midi. But, strangely the track wasn’t frozen when I hooked that interface up and messed with the in and out settings. I will try the above asap! Thanks guys! Will report back

Wow, so this weirdly worked out. The first way didn’t work.. actually caused a crash.. 

I simply started following the second solution. I inserted a audio track, then a midi track.

Switched the output of that midi to addictive drums..

At that point I noticed the blank midi track freeze icon was active.

I clicked unfreeze on the blank midi track and my original AD2 suddenly unfroze. Still had no audio although I had my midi content back. Quickly copied it just in case. Deleted the blank audio and midi track. 

In the output I had 2 instances of AD2. One is AD 2-1 and the other AD 2-2.. switched it to the first one and boom, I got drums!! \m/ 

Appreciate the help! 

Edited by TryMyTones
Typo