Comfortably Numb (cover)

Evan Hayley

38 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

The car gives your vocal performance a distinctive sound.  I think you encountered a common problem with using a pre-recorded performance though.  The range of the song is a little high for your voice so your voice drifts flat.

Actually I can sing a lot higher than this. It's the singing while sitting that gives me the trouble! 

48 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

The car gives your vocal performance a distinctive sound.  I think you encountered a common problem with using a pre-recorded performance though.  The range of the song is a little high for your voice so your voice drifts flat.

Also I mixed this on headphones which is a no no but I had no other option at the time. It was very spontaneous and done mostly for a laugh but I find it interesting that I would be flat as I have sung this many times. Which words do you think we're flat?

2 hours ago, mark skinner said:

I tore a knee up in a motorcycle wreck. They Blasted this song on a killer sound system , as I was fading out in the operating room. Thanks for the Good and bad memories...   

Sorry about that. Maybe I should do "Silent Lucidity" next.  Would that make it better?  (Just kiddin dude. It's amazing the power songs can have!)

Edited by Evan Hayley

3 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

well, I think the thing is

you expressed yourself, I love the spontaneity, in a car no less

this is a great song

and I really dig the vocal go, especially after 3 minutes, you hit your stride there.

rock on dude

I

Thanks pal. 

Yeah I thought that at 3 min it sounded better also. I will try to check out your tunes and give some comments. I literally have almost no free time lately  (hence the car recordings. Lol) I'm doing this partially to keep my sanity right now

16 hours ago, Bapu said:

B+ on the vocals. I'm not sure that is the actual backing track. Sounds like a Caraoke track to me (see what I did there?) albeit a good one.

Well, this here is the real backing track for The Battle of Evermore .  There are some songs you can get this way. I didn't actually listen to the Floyd side by side but I thought it was a pretty good track.

B+?  I guess that's pretty good for a Caraoke, but I believe you are being too kind! 🌞 

I'm thinking actually I may have been a little flat on the start of the chorus parts. 🤨 

Thanks for listening brother, and for giving your feedback!