Jump to content
Evan Hayley

Comfortably Numb (cover)

Recommended Posts

This once again was recorded in the car via the Bandlab mobile app. 

Comfortably Numb

And this actually might be the original backing track to the song, which I found via YouTube!

 

Edited by Evan Hayley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The car gives your vocal performance a distinctive sound.  I think you encountered a common problem with using a pre-recorded performance though.  The range of the song is a little high for your voice so your voice drifts flat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

The car gives your vocal performance a distinctive sound.  I think you encountered a common problem with using a pre-recorded performance though.  The range of the song is a little high for your voice so your voice drifts flat.

Actually I can sing a lot higher than this. It's the singing while sitting that gives me the trouble! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

The car gives your vocal performance a distinctive sound.  I think you encountered a common problem with using a pre-recorded performance though.  The range of the song is a little high for your voice so your voice drifts flat.

Also I mixed this on headphones which is a no no but I had no other option at the time. It was very spontaneous and done mostly for a laugh but I find it interesting that I would be flat as I have sung this many times. Which words do you think we're flat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, I think the thing is

you expressed yourself, I love the spontaneity, in a car no less

this is a great song

and I really dig the vocal go, especially after 3 minutes, you hit your stride there.

rock on dude

I

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I tore a knee up in a motorcycle wreck. They Blasted this song on a killer sound system , as I was fading out in the operating room. Thanks for the Good and bad memories...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mark skinner said:

 I tore a knee up in a motorcycle wreck. They Blasted this song on a killer sound system , as I was fading out in the operating room. Thanks for the Good and bad memories...   

Sorry about that. Maybe I should do "Silent Lucidity" next.  Would that make it better?  (Just kiddin dude. It's amazing the power songs can have!)

Edited by Evan Hayley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

well, I think the thing is

you expressed yourself, I love the spontaneity, in a car no less

this is a great song

and I really dig the vocal go, especially after 3 minutes, you hit your stride there.

rock on dude

I

Thanks pal. 

Yeah I thought that at 3 min it sounded better also. I will try to check out your tunes and give some comments. I literally have almost no free time lately  (hence the car recordings. Lol) I'm doing this partially to keep my sanity right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B+ on the vocals. I'm not sure that is the actual backing track. Sounds like a Caraoke track to me (see what I did there?) albeit a good one.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bapu said:

B+ on the vocals. I'm not sure that is the actual backing track. Sounds like a Caraoke track to me (see what I did there?) albeit a good one.

Well, this here is the real backing track for The Battle of Evermore .  There are some songs you can get this way. I didn't actually listen to the Floyd side by side but I thought it was a pretty good track.

B+?  I guess that's pretty good for a Caraoke, but I believe you are being too kind! 🌞 

I'm thinking actually I may have been a little flat on the start of the chorus parts. 🤨 

Thanks for listening brother, and for giving your feedback! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is that you playing the solos? They sound slightly different from the ones I'm used to hearing. Props to you or Gilmour or somebody ... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...