Steinberg Padshop 2 in Cakewalk

Daniel Bautista

Hello everyone, 

Has anyone encountered this when using Padshop 2 in Cakewalk...

Plugin loads perfectly fine but no preset is showing, the browser window is empty, no preset name in red showing up. Also, clicking the browser window opens up window to search for presets but I can't find any .vstpreset files where I installed libraries. Instead, I find files like this: "FCP_SMT_790_Padshop2_Presets.vstsound" 

Any advice on how you got it to work?

Thanks so much!

I think that .vstpreset files are not factory content presets, but factory content presets that have been edited by the user (at least that's true for HALion). So in case you want to load the Padshop 2 factory content, you should make sure that the related .vstsound files are registered.

If you used the Steinberg Download Assistant to download a particular sound set, you should have been given a chance to register it by clicking the Open button in the right-hand pane. Otherwise, if you double click on an already downloaded .vstsound file in File Explorer, the Steinberg Library Manager (SLM) will open. If you have a valid license for the sound set and the .vstsound file isn’t already installed, SLM should allow you to register it.

If you click on the PADSHOP tab in SLM, all currently installed libraries in Padshop will be visible with the paths found under DETAILS. This is how it looks on my computer, and as you can see all libraries points to .vstsound files.

0BvuxQq.jpg

Once installed, the Padshop 2 preset browser in CbB won't be having the same extensive search functions as it does in Cubase, but the same is true for Padshop 2 when used in e.g. Studio One. Outside Cubase you will only be able to browse the presets in a simple structured  list.

Here's some additional info:
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360012109820-Installing-VST-Sound-and-Loop-Sets-vstsound-files-for-Cubase-Nuendo

Canopus

First, thank you so much for taking the time respond, I truly appreciate it. Everything looks exactly how you are explaining it until it is time to load presets. When I click on

image.png.208455b18122898aed1e40438e731008.png

"Load Program" I am greeted with this empty preset location, which is the exact location that Steinberg Library Manager says the presets are.

image.thumb.png.c46f2d2cdc336d6dda5ae24a3b83de5c.png

In order to actually see something, I need to change the file format to "Any Type (*.*)" Which in turns gives me this....

image.thumb.png.9f6114a2b66e02cdf96f5d25170500a9.png

I can't load anything from this.... What am I doing wrong?

Do you possibly have the menu option “Allow Any Preset Location” checked when you click the “Import/Export Presets” button? And if so, what happens if you deselect that checkbox? Is it then possible for you to select a Padshop 2 program/preset?

I noticed that if I have that option checked I get the same strange behaviour as you with a standard Windows File Open dialogue being displayed. But with that option deselected, I get the preset/program browser pop-up you would expect.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Canopus said:

Do you possibly have the menu option “Allow Any Preset Location” checked when you click the “Import/Export Presets” button? And if so, what happens if you deselect that checkbox? Is it then possible for you to select a Padshop 2 program/preset?

That was it!!!! Incredible!!!

Wow, Thank you so much for taking your time and looking into my situation. I am so grateful for you help.