Transport start/stop...used to return to original position?

K Halladay

Question

In the past, when starting the transport at, say, measure 30 of a piece, then stopping it some arbitrary time later, say measure 32, the transport position has returned to the original position—back to measure 30, in this case. Now, however, when at start at 30 and stop at 32, the transport remains at 32. Starting the transport again starts from 32. I do not wish this to be the case.

Is there some keyboard shortcut I accidentally pressed that I'm unaware of? Or has this changed since the most recent update? Basically, is this my fault or something else's?

4 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, K Halladay said:

In the past, when starting the transport at, say, measure 30 of a piece, then stopping it some arbitrary time later, say measure 32, the transport position has returned to the original position—back to measure 30, in this case. Now, however, when at start at 30 and stop at 32, the transport remains at 32. Starting the transport again starts from 32. I do not wish this to be the case.

Is there some keyboard shortcut I accidentally pressed that I'm unaware of? Or has this changed since the most recent update? Basically, is this my fault or something else's?

Transport behavior has been changed slightly in 2019.09 (refer to the manual) but not in this respect.

I just tested this out, and if I press the STOP button in the transport (or press SPACEBAR), the playback position returns to the NOW TIME marker. If during playback, I press the PLAY button, then playback halts (or pauses) and the playback position stops at the current location. Pressing PLAY a second time resumes playback from that position.

I don't think it is possible to re-map the SPACEBAR to a different function.

Can you clarify how you are starting and stopping the transport? Are you using a Control Surface?

1 hour ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Transport behavior has been changed slightly in 2019.09 (refer to the manual) but not in this respect.

I just tested this out, and if I press the STOP button in the transport (or press SPACEBAR), the playback position returns to the NOW TIME marker. If during playback, I press the PLAY button, then playback halts (or pauses) and the playback position stops at the current location. Pressing PLAY a second time resumes playback from that position.

I don't think it is possible to re-map the SPACEBAR to a different function.

Can you clarify how you are starting and stopping the transport? Are you using a Control Surface?

Spacebar. Press it to play, press it to stop. Used to go back to original position.