JRR Shop

cclarry

Uncle E. is a great guy, but these server issues have been happening over and over again over the years. Not sure if it’s true here, but I have noticed over the years that businesses that have these problems, frequently have an immune from termination Incompetent employee (relative or good friend) in charge of the problem issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

businesses that have these problems, frequently have an immune from termination Incompetent employee (relative or good friend) in charge of the problem issue.

This is what I have been thinking, and saying on the forum here. It's back, but it still shows only my items purchased in 2018. Nothing before or since. And I have bought from them recently.

1 hour ago, Batwaffel said:

They really should do something. It happens every year at the worst possible times. When is the last time they were able to take part in November sales? Something's gotta give. People are really getting fed up of them being constantly down.

This ^^^^^

3 minutes ago, Tony Carpenter said:

@Grem same for me. Support says they can find what you need from email. I’ve got the original emails too.

Yes I keep all my stuff too.

I was just showing what I (and others) have been seeing for a while now with the site, despite being told it was being fixed. If you have someone competent on the job, it would have been fixed by now.

30 minutes ago, abacab said:

I once met one of the writers of that show and he said when they were spit balling ideas for a new show they were high and thought they should create a euphemism for a brothel (that would get past the censors). Apparently they succeeded.

Uncle Joe is piano player/bouncer, the three girls initials are all "B.J." (Bobby Jo, Billie Jo and Betty Jo) and the aunt (Kate) is the madam. 

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

A lot of times when they build these store sites, they buy a certain level (simple store) and then they outgrow the original setup.  Only it means starting all over with a new setup if you want to do it right. Unfortunately, most of these guys don't have time, money, or knowledge to upgrade to a bigger setup, so they muddle along until it finally gives out. 

It happens a lot in retail as well.  There's a point you go from small to midsize to large.  If you don't do it right, it all collapses on you and you go out of business. There's a lot of competition out there and every year there's more. 

That said, JRRShop and Eric have always been great to work with for me. I will continue to buy from them.  Though probably not until Black Friday.  I have a couple things on my list that they don't sell and I should quit buying and start saving for the BF/Xmas sales.  😉

• Like 2

Agree with that reason Lizzi, seems more probable than my reason!!

25 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

I will continue to buy from them.  Though probably not until Black Friday.

I more than likely will too. But I got to admit, I am hesitant. BTW, last BF they were down most of, if not all of, BF/CM. IIRC the year before that they had troubles, if not down too for that sale. 

7 minutes ago, Grem said:

BTW, last BF they were down most of, if not all of, BF/CM. IIRC the year before that they had troubles, if not down too for that sale. 

I'm waiting until BF only because I'm trying not to buy until then.  Of course, if something really great comes up for sale before then.....

I keep saying "No More!!!!"  Then a great deal comes along and I grab it!  The GAS gets me again.  😄

• Like 1