After Dark instrumental

treesha

So I was messing around with this old (acoustic guitar origin) song to try to learn and explore my purchase of Komplete Kontakt etc and well I could probably do that for the next year. I didn't wind up using much from NI but sure did try lots of stuff. The song has a few moods to it, I can relate. This is a photo I took of a bridge over the mighty Susquehanna River in Harrisburg PA taken at dusk with a little color added. I say mighty cause now that I live in the west, the nearest river to me is the Aqua Fria, which is perennial here above ground at about the width of a big step unless full of monsoon rushing waters.  I look forward to working on something new after this long experimenting ! thanks for checking it out, treesha

Thanks for listening and your comments. Interesting you connected with the underlying dissonance as you describe it. I wrote this after my father died, a time of many feelings, and when I performed it at a coffee shop playing acoustic with the backing tracks in the pa they had there, I said first that if you notice any dissonance, it is intentional ha. Both my guitar and bass need some work at the moment and had some offness to their sound, so I recorded them, then melodyne -> midi to delete some of the unwanted stuff, then used dpro 12 string preset for the acoustic and a synthmaster soft bass preset for the bass. I used Ozone on the acoustic for a light compression and some imaging and exciting and eq too. I am curious what it made you think about if you feel like sharing. Anyways, I appreciate your comments,  treesha

21 hours ago, treesha said:

I am curious what it made you think about if you feel like sharing

this is what I'm going to tell you

I imagined a book

torn in half

strewn across a divide

except that

the pages was all mixed up

and then a little lady came along

and put everything in order

and the whole story became more clear than a dewy spring morning in April