session-drumer 3

martsave martin s

On 9/19/2020 at 7:44 AM, martsave martin s said:

can someone tell me pls,if session-drumer 3 inclued with cakewalk by bandlab?

Session Drummer 3 came with Sonar Platinum, so if you own Sonar Platinum - and install it, you can access SD3 from within Cakewalk by Bandlab.  Sonar and Cakewalk by Bandlab live happily alongside each other, though I dimly recall a recommendation to install Sonar Platinum first, and then Cakewalk by Bandlab should be installed afterward, because of updates to things like the VstScan.exe component, that have taken place in Cakewalk by Bandlab.....

Bob Bone

On 9/21/2020 at 1:53 PM, Robert Bone said:

Session Drummer 3 came with Sonar Platinum, so if you own Sonar Platinum - and install it, you can access SD3 from within Cakewalk by Bandlab.  Sonar and Cakewalk by Bandlab live happily alongside each other, though I dimly recall a recommendation to install Sonar Platinum first, and then Cakewalk by Bandlab should be installed afterward, because of updates to things like the VstScan.exe component, that have taken place in Cakewalk by Bandlab.....

Bob Bone

Yeah, it sucks to install sonar every time to get your old vsts to work in CbB.  SD3  rocked. 

True piano was another amazing addition. 

5 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Yeah, it sucks to install sonar every time to get your old vsts to work in CbB.  SD3  rocked. 

True piano was another amazing addition. 

Well, those licenses are tied to Sonar Platinum, and aren't directly available to Cakewalk, and I am quite happy they can still work, just by keeping Sonar installed.

Bob Bone

On 9/23/2020 at 4:57 AM, Robert Bone said:

Well, those licenses are tied to Sonar Platinum, and aren't directly available to Cakewalk, and I am quite happy they can still work, just by keeping Sonar installed.

Bob Bone

True. I also never said it wasn't license to sonar. What I said was it's a hassle to have to install sonar first to be able to get it open in Cakewalk. 

If you open SD3 or True Piano in Sonar their tap will say Cakewalk and not Sonar.

The DAW was owned sonar, but Cakewalk still owned the instruments and Effects if the label tap showed "Cakewalk" instead of Sonar. I'm sure if sonar owned the effects and instruments it would've also said Sonar. 

I know I might be wrong on this, but that's how I would've negotiated the deal if I had to buy Cakewalk. 😂 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1