My Roland A-300Pro HAS Quit Working SOLVED

bayoubill

That's interesting. My APro 800 keyboard works with CbB but Midi Learn seems to have stopped working on knobs and sliders. Haven't had time to fully investigate yet but if you are having similar problems I was wondering if anything in the latest updates of CbB could have affected this - seems unlikely though. I haven't tried in Reason or Live yet so don't know if it's a problem exclusive to CbB

1 hour ago, Robert Bone said:

Did you, by chance, happen to change what is plugged into your various USB ports, of your computer, meaning one or more USB devices being plugged into different USB ports than they were in the past?

Bob Bone

Yes I moved my pc to another location

I unplugged my pc and plugged everything up again

At first the pc didn't recognize a midi controller was plugged in.  I unplugged everything and added just the USB for the midi controller.  I then tried AD2 and Dimension pro stand alones. They worked fine but in Cakewalk nothing

I redid the add midi device as I had before but still nothing

6 hours ago, bayoubill said:

Yes I moved my pc to another location

I unplugged my pc and plugged everything up again

At first the pc didn't recognize a midi controller was plugged in.  I unplugged everything and added just the USB for the midi controller.  I then tried AD2 and Dimension pro stand alones. They worked fine but in Cakewalk nothing

I redid the add midi device as I had before but still nothing

OK - I am no expert with this, but have run into this in the past.  

If your USB devices switch which ports they are connected to the computer in, then that confuses Cakewalk.  I suggest you try going into Cakewalk Preferences, and explicitly removing the A300 midi controller as a MIDI Input device and as a MIDI Output device.  Then click Apply.

I would then exit Cakewalk, and relaunch it.  Then, add the A300 back in again - and that should hopefully restablish its connection to Cakewalk.

Bob Bone

Edited by Robert Bone
Added some clarity

"If your USB devices switch which ports they are connected to the computer in, then that confuses Cakewalk.  I suggest you try going into Cakewalk Preferences, and explicitly removing the A300 midi controller as a MIDI Input device and as a MIDI Output device.  Then click Apply.

I would then exit Cakewalk, and relaunch it.  Then, add the A300 back in again - and that should hopefully restablish its connection to Cakewalk."

Thanks for the help Robert!

I also changed USB cables and it works now!!!

• Like 2