Americana, Final

William E Simmons

I think you have all the elements here and I like Country and Western and Southern Fried Rawk and Blues and . . .  if this were my mix I 'd kick the main vocal up at least a db and tuck the acoustic guitars underneath it. Maybe a touch more reverb or delay on the lead violin.

The slide guitar and the guitars are great adds, and the drums/bass are solid and know their place.

is it "past rushes" or "pass rushes"  ??   :)

Very well done!

cheers,

-Tom

On 9/19/2020 at 10:43 AM, emeraldsoul said:

I 'd kick the main vocal up at least a db and tuck the acoustic guitars underneath it

On 9/20/2020 at 1:59 PM, bjornpdx said:

The vocal needs to come up some more

Agreed.
Now I'm a guy who loves an amp that drives like a fine Italian Sports Car!
But, given the overall instrumentation, sound and feel on this one; big clean strat!
That's what this one needs.
Your song, your production, but if I'm behind the glass here, we'd tangle (in a most respectful tone)
unless I didn't get my way....

👍's
love your tune, I really do!

tom

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words.

It's been right at a month since I posted this. I have not listen to it again until today. After listening, the song is OK, not something I would write home about but I think I can take down the chicken wire...lol Anymore I just write songs, country, ghetto rap, rock, pop...whatever  comes to mind on any given day.  I think many people generally only write in one or two styles. Perhaps I would get better faster if I did.

I been going over all your comments for improvement and will go try some of them out.

Thanks again,

Billy