Problems using Fishman TriplePlay as a plugin

CptSpudGun

Please forgive any noobishness although not totally new to DAWs I never get beyond a certain point before rage quitting :)

Ok I have the Fishman TriplePlay pickup setup on a guitar.  I have no problem using it as a midi controller, but you are supposed to be able to use it as a plugin (which gives you more control).  My experience of plugins is that they are, say, a .vst file that you place in a folder and then tell the DAW where that folder is and boom you get to play all sorts of amazing synth noises.  The problem is I don't think this is how the FTP works. There doesn't seem to be a separate vst file version of the app. I've tried adding the path of the FTP app to the vst scan section of CW but that doesn't help.

The only place FTP shows up is as a midi input/output device as "Fishman TriplePlay" and as "MIDIIN2 (Fishman TriplePlay") both of which obviously behave like a midi controller and not a plug-in.

If anyone has got this working and can help I would be really grateful.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=134.0   Check out the fishman forum, it's more specific for the tripleplay. I am a bit of a newb too but the software opens in the daw and looks just like the stand alone product, then you open the synth from the tripleplay software if that makes sense.  Do you have the stand alone working? 

I've had lots of problems with the software in cakewalk, it has made it crash a few times and freezes up. It works but there is something that not quite right.

• Like 1

The TriplePlay does have a VST2 plugin titled "TriplePlay.dll".  It's basically the same as the standalone app, but in a format your DAW can recognize. VST2 uses the file extension ".dll" (not ".vst"); VST3 uses the file extension ".vst3".

Anyway, it should be located in your default VST directory. I believe the FTP app's latest version (v1.5) is 64-bit only. On my pc, the default directory is "C:\Program Files\VstPlugins", but it could be in the Cakewalk directory, or wherever. If you don't know where your VST's are installed, then just do a Windows file search for "TriplePlay.dll". Then you can point Cakewalk to search that directory for plugins.

Like kurt said, I have a lot of issues using the TriplePlay software in Cakewalk as well. I haven't tried using it in hardware mode yet, but it may be the best option until someone gets the kinks worked out.

Edited by pcooke9
  • Like 1