Cannot change Tempo of all tracks on Cakewalk

Ron Karim

How do you change the tempo of all the audio tracks in cakewalk ?

The way I do it leaves gaps of timeline that remain unchanged ? I SELECT all tracks, then Project->Insert Tempo Change.

Does anyone know any other way that you could change the tempo of all the tracks ?

Tempo refers to a Project not to individual tracks.  When using 'Insert Tempo Change' you have two options; to change the existing tempo at the 'Now Time', or to insert a new tempo at the 'Now Time', you can also insert any time in the box.

23 minutes ago, Ron Karim said:

I SELECT all tracks, then Project->Insert Tempo Change.

You don't have to select tracks to insert a tempo change.

24 minutes ago, Ron Karim said:

The way I do it leaves gaps of timeline that remain unchanged ?

This is normal when using 'Insert Tempo Change'.  For example if you want the chorus to be a few BPMs higher than the verse.  If you want to create a series of tempo changes, for example to gradually speed up or slow down, you can use 'Insert Series of Tempos', but I find it easier to use the 'Tempo Map' under 'Views'.  You can easily draw a series of tempos using the 'Draw Tool'.  You can also insert and delete tempos with the tempo map.  Cheers.

To make all audio tracks follow the tempo you DO need to select ALL audio tracks and turn on Audio Snap Clip Follows Project (autostretch), Set the offline Algorithm to Radius Mix (most reliable). 

Change tempos any number of ways (draw in tempo, insert tempo, fit to time, insert series of tempos, drag to timeline, etc)

Your audio tracks should follow the changes.  When you find the right Tempo(s), you’ll want to bounce to clips. Won’t sound great UNTIL you bounce to Clips (which processes them using the Offline Algo selected)   (Highlight clips and Right Click, Bounce to Clips)

Occasionally tracks with multiple clips will react squirrelly unless you FIRST bounce them to a single clip starting at zero BEFORE using Audio Snap.  

Hollar back if ya need!
✌️

• Like 2