Step Sequencer in Matrix View

Apologies if this is an FAQ (I didn't see one relating to this)

I can get the step sequencer working fine for clips on tracks - no problem. However, when I use the step sequencer to edit a cell in the matrix view (i.e. by double-clicking on such a cell) then my new step sequencer edits don't take effect until I stop the cell and then restart it. Surely it must be possible to step edit cell contents live without having to stop/start like this - is there a setting that I need to enable?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy.

Edited by Jeremy Murray-Wakefield

Hum... It's been my experience that clips in the MV are merely copies and not linked clips.  That is, if you want to edit a clip in the Matrix View you would have to add the edited clip back into the MV as a new clip (replacing the unedited clip).  So, you cannot actually edit MV clips on the fly. 

Kind regards,

tecknot

• 2 months later...

Sorry, but:

1. They are quite demonstrably linked clips.

2. Yes, you can most certainly edit MV clips on the fly - and any copies in the timeline get updated appropriately. You can double click any instance in the timeline, edit it, and the MV clip will update (unless you are playing it at that time - hence my question)

Perhaps you are using an earlier version where these features do not work?
Anyway, my question is, why do you need to stop the MV clip, and then immediately play it again in order for such edits to take effect?

Anyone know? - Is this a bug?

Edited by Jeremy Murray-Wakefield