Not a deal : question about UAD

Zo

Guyz , a small question : if i register a uad card to an account (friends) and he authorise ultimate on it , can i then transfert that card to my account and keep using those ? (missed the deal cause still no card yet , so wanna buy plugins one by one i use by registering my card)

Thks

7 minutes ago, Zo said:

Guyz , a small question : if i register a uad card to an account (friends) and he authorise ultimate on it , can i then transfert that card to my account and keep using those ? (missed the deal cause still no card yet , so wanna buy plugins one by one i use by registering my card)

Thks

Yes...when he transfers the card he has to select "plugins and card" when doing the transfer.
I had to do that when I sold my Apollo.

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Yes...when he transfers the card he has to select "plugins and card" when doing the transfer.
I had to do that when I sold my Apollo.

He willnot loose his plugins ? 

So i will get all the plugins and be able to use them event if the card is registred in account ?

Then if i buy another card , what's going on then ? (Thks Larry for your input )

Just now, Zo said:

He willnot loose his plugins ? 

So i will get all the plugins and be able to use them event if the card is registred in account ?

Then if i buy another card , what's going on then ? (Thks Larry for your input )

If HIS plugins are tied to HIS interface, then they should stay with the interface to the best of my knowledge.

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

If HIS plugins are tied to HIS interface, then they should stay with the interface to the best of my knowledge.

You lost me lol , basically it's school account , we have hundreds of card , i wann buy a card to preapre courses , but at the same time buy plugin in my account when possible , and for a crazy reason UA doesn't allow you to buy pluygins without a card regsitred lol 

It's not the plugin what matters, but the license. 

If the license is tied to the card, he will not be able to use that plugin with other devices after transferring the license to you (or you won't be able to use it, unless he transfers the license to you). Have look here:

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206238366-how-to-transfer-ownership-of-uad-2-apollo-devices#:~:text=When a UAD-2 or,"My UA Hardware" page.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LasWaltz said:

It's not the plugin what matters, but the license. 

If the license is tied to the card, he will not be able to use that plugin with other devices after transferring the license to you (or you won't be able to use it, unless he transfers the license to you). Have look here:

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206238366-how-to-transfer-ownership-of-uad-2-apollo-devices#:~:text=When a UAD-2 or,"My UA Hardware" page.

Thks so let's say he transferts the HW only , i will lose all plugins in ?

So the only way to keep plugins is to not make a licences and be tied to school account ?

2 minutes ago, Zo said:

Thks so let's say he transferts the HW only , i will lose all plugins in ?

So the only way to keep plugins is to not make a licences and be tied to school account ?

When he registers ultimate it must be tied to the card...not his interface.  When he transfers
you the card, he should transfer the TIED PLUGINS ONLY to you...giving YOU the card and 
the plugins

8 minutes ago, cclarry said:

When he registers ultimate it must be tied to the card...not his interface.  When he transfers
you the card, he should transfer the TIED PLUGINS ONLY to you...giving YOU the card and 
the plugins

Is there an option to do so ? Tied plugins diffrent from licences , right ? 

Just now, Zo said:

Is there an option to do so ? Tied plugins diffrent from licences , right ? 

NO....Licenses are tied to the Hardware...when you buy a UAD Plugin it is 
tied to whatever hardware you own....it should let you select which piece of 
hardware you want to the License to be tied to

25 minutes ago, cclarry said:

NO....Licenses are tied to the Hardware...when you buy a UAD Plugin it is 
tied to whatever hardware you own....it should let you select which piece of 
hardware you want to the License to be tied to

lol i swear i'm trying hard to understand lol actually reading this 

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002364103-UAD-Plug-In-Licensing-Explained

I understand system concept but i'm still lost , anyway , i think the best is to do it the regular way , but again i missed great sale , the 10 for 749 was exactly what 's needed

EDIT : by the way just talked to my friend (boss) and he told me that UA california have burned in fires ? dammnn

Edited by Zo

Zo,

When you transfer a UAD device you either choose to transfer ALL plugins or NONE (if none, then the card gets the default plugins it came with).

He can send you the card but he should NOT transfer it to your account. The licenses are attached to the hardware and to the account so you will both have access to the same plugins.

I hope this helps,

10 minutes ago, James Foxall said:

Zo,

When you transfer a UAD device you either choose to transfer ALL plugins or NONE (if none, then the card gets the default plugins it came with).

He can send you the card but he should NOT transfer it to your account. The licenses are attached to the hardware and to the account so you will both have access to the same plugins.

I hope this helps,

In order for this to work for Zo, the UAD Card would have to be set up as "System 2".
The plugins are tied to system, and ONLY that system can use the plugins.  Let's say
I have ONE system, but that ONE system contains 3 devices.  All 3 devices can use ALL 
of my plugins.  If I set up a 2 System Account then I can activate plugins to System 1, and 
I can activate DIFFERENT plugins to System 2, and the plugins are tied to the System
and it's Device...NOT to "Everything", and only the plugins "Tied" to that system and device
would transfer if the device was sold.

Notice in the example that it says "View plugins in this system"
Screen_Shot_2017-05-11_at_11.09.59_AM.pn

That means that ONLY the plugins tied to that "System" (device - if only 1 device per system) will be transferred.

Hopefully that helps clarify this process...

14 hours ago, cclarry said:

Hopefully that helps clarify this process...

Yep. About as clear as muddy water!!

So, I have a Apollo and a Octo Satellite. If I want to use my Apollo Twin with my Surface for a mobile job, and use my UA plugins on my Surface, from your explanation Larry, that would not be possible. Am I reading that correctly?

IOW, the plugins are not tied to the UA hardware, they are tied to the computer/system. But they need a UA hardware dongle to be able to use them. That ain't WAS!

10 minutes ago, Grem said:

Yep. About as clear as muddy water!!

So, I have a Apollo and a Octo Satellite. If I want to use my Apollo Twin with my Surface for a mobile job, and use my UA plugins on my Surface, from your explanation Larry, that would not be possible. Am I reading that correctly?

IOW, the plugins are not tied to the UA hardware, they are tied to the computer/system. But they need a UA hardware dongle to be able to use them. That ain't WAS!

No Grem...

Each "System" that you create in your account can have up to 6 Devices, and ALL of those devices on that system can share the plugins.
So, if you have 2 different "Systems" set up in your account, they are SEPERATE, and only the plugins on System 1 can be shared by
the DEVICES on System 1, and only the plugins on System 2 can be shared by system 2 devices.  System 1 cannot use System 2 
Plugins and visa versa....

So, in your case, if you only have ONE system set up, and BOTH devices are on that "System" then BOTH devices
can use ALL of your plugins.  But, if you have the 2 Devices set up on TWO SEPERATE SYSTEMS...i.e...the Octo on ONE system,
and the Apollo on ANOTHER system, then the Octo can only use plugins tied to "System 1" and the Apollo can only 
use plugins tied to "System 2".

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Grem said:

@Zo sale extended till tonight!!

Hope for the best all those in the fires out west

I saw that but i skipped the crad purchase :(  lol God def wants me to stay away from uad ... if i knew sales were still ô inwould have ordered the card on the 17 for next day ....justvsaw the extension today ...