How to get adaptive limiter

Bernhard

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get the Cakewalk Adaptive Limiter. My 1 year Platinum abo stopped the month before the adaptive limiter has been released.  Thus download from the old Command Center is not possible and CbB obviously doesn't content the adaptive limiter.

Thx.

There's no way to get it, unless BandLab re-release it.

Meng did say that Rapture Pro was likely to be re-released at some point. Hopefully the other instruments/effects/ProChannel modules will eventually become available too.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bernhard said:

It's a pity that these nice tools are existing but can't be used.  Nevertheless thanks for you answers. 

Buy a copy of Computer Music Magazine (digital download, $3.99 to $4.99), and get the Frontier CM. Not as good as Adaptive limiter, but still excellent!

Edited by S.L.I.P.
  • Great Idea 1

I'm overdue for updating my CM cornucopia. It really is astonishing what you get in the way of plug-ins for a $5 copy of that magazine.

In itself it has enough editorial content that I can't realistically finish it in a month.

I bought my copy years ago and some of the plugs are still in my go-to bin, a couple of them got me to shell out for the big brother version (most notably Unfiltered Audio G8), some of them turned me on to the manufacturers, and others aren't available anywhere else.

It's a cheapskate's paradise, it is.

16 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I bought my copy years ago and some of the plugs are still in my go-to bin, a couple of them got me to shell out for the big brother version (most notably Unfiltered Audio G8), some of them turned me on to the manufacturers, and others aren't available anywhere else.

I usually buy a copy a couple of times a year, and it is well worth it just for the info in the magazine, but like you, I use a few of their freebies, because they are really good. Most notably is the  CM PSP delay. It's a light version of the PSP delay, but there's nothing light about it. A ton of presets, and flexibility.  Well worth the price of $4.99 digital download. 

Edited by S.L.I.P.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:11 PM, S.L.I.P. said:

Buy a copy of Computer Music Magazine (digital download, $3.99 to $4.99), and get the Frontier CM. Not as good as Adaptive limiter, but still excellent!

Or better yet, get Frontier free (you need to sign up for a user account):

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2019/02/18/d16-frontier-free/

https://d16.pl/frontier/overview

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I got it!

I installed CbB on my new laptop. And noticed I was missing a lot of Sonar Platinum plugins.
At first, I managed to find a ton of installers on my old pc.
For them to run/install, you need to have the original Sonar Platinum installed alongside CbB.
So I did that, installed Platinum (had the installer). Installed all sorts of stuff, LP Limiter, LP EQ from my old installers.

However Adaptive Limiter is part of Sonar's 2017.05 update. I installed Command Center, and voila. It allowed me to update Engineering FX Suite.

So I now have Adaptive Limiter again.. Since everything installed for Sonar Platinum, automatically becomes available in CbB.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 10:12 AM, Bryan van Putten said:

I got it!

I installed CbB on my new laptop. And noticed I was missing a lot of Sonar Platinum plugins.
At first, I managed to find a ton of installers on my old pc.
For them to run/install, you need to have the original Sonar Platinum installed alongside CbB.
So I did that, installed Platinum (had the installer). Installed all sorts of stuff, LP Limiter, LP EQ from my old installers.

However Adaptive Limiter is part of Sonar's 2017.05 update. I installed Command Center, and voila. It allowed me to update Engineering FX Suite.

So I now have Adaptive Limiter again.. Since everything installed for Sonar Platinum, automatically becomes available in CbB.

Got it back here!

I am however having problems getting LP EQ and LP Multiband Limiter.
Both have serial numbers but I am wondering if they need additional activation?
I downloaded and installed both through the Command Center.

Any word on NAMM announcements from Cakewalk this year? I keep wondering if some of these goodies will once again become available. When the Adaptive Limiter first came out I used it on just about everything. I still occasionally use it. Great limiter. 

• 2 years later...