Steal the Light from the Trees

Bajan Blue

Here in Cape Town we STILL have lock down – unbelievable really, but that’s Africa for you.

At least the weather improved so we could finish the last video off our 2017 album, On Top of The World.

This track is called Steal the Light from the Trees – we enjoyed getting the video somewhere near what we imagined when we were planning this video!!!!

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Nigel

Edited by Bajan Blue
  • Like 5

Just for a change I am using my Event 20/20's which are passive and this mix still sounds as good as I am sure it would on my Adam's.

Nice stuff Nigel. :) 

Lock down PITA for many, costly for a lot more, but I suspect it is better to be safe than dead ?  

Personally I have been out of the Falcon only 4 times since March 16th and they have all been since August the 1st.

On 9/18/2020 at 12:11 PM, Wookiee said:

Just for a change I am using my Event 20/20's which are passive and this mix still sounds as good as I am sure it would on my Adam's.

Nice stuff Nigel. :) 

Lock down PITA for many, costly for a lot more, but I suspect it is better to be safe than dead ?  

Personally I have been out of the Falcon only 4 times since March 16th and they have all been since August the 1st.

Hi Wookie

Well our lockdown has been one of,  if not the most severe in the World -for instance although we have hardly any Covid stuff still happening (not that we REALLY had that much in the first place), still no International flights and we still have stupid stuff such as curfews!! So far in the 8 months of "Covid" time, we have had an absolute maximum of around two thousand deaths a month - in any normal year we have around 1500 murders a month, 5500 TB deaths a month and believe me, they are not even the biggest "killers" in South Africa (AIDS, Diabetes, Cancer etc) - but we never do lockdowns for any of them!! Now of course the economy, which was already in problems, has been totally trashed - unemployment is already up to 50%!!!!!! Poverty and hunger will kill way more people than the alleged 2000 Covid deaths a month for MANY years to come - OK off the old soap box now😪😪😪 Not having a go at anyone, well bar the stupid Politicians and the "experts", who don't seem very expert in anything to me!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to have a watch and glad you liked it

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 1:22 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

I really liked this one Nigel - it might be my favorite song from you - nice job.  

Excellent mix - no crits there.

Cool video as well.

Hi Douglas

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video and I'm really pleased you liked it

Cheers

Nigel

Absolute perfection again Nigel.  Beautiful song, great performance and video that complements all of it.

I share your apparent distrust of politicians. However, as frustrated as I am, I am staying at home following the advise of experts in the fields of public health, medicine, microbiology, pandemic research, etc.  They have the academic training and experiential expertise to know what is best.  In general politicians don't.  I would not go to my mechanic if I were not feeling well.  On the other hand, I would not take my car to my physician if I were having car trouble.  Each is the expert in their field.  Science is a discipline that demands to be questioned.  I find that trait rather refreshing.

I always enjoy your posts Nigel. Keep "em coming!

On 9/18/2020 at 5:41 PM, David Sprouse said:

Lyrics are so visual...(esp with that big blue eye that says devine lie)  I love all your songs:  just on the edge of familiarity enough to give one chills.  Keep it up nigel. :D:D

Hi David - thanks so much really appreciate you taking the time to have a watch and also the very kind comments

cheers

Nigel